Local OPC v Broker

All your ordering information here!
darkness17

Post by darkness17 »

http://carsalesbase.com/european-car-sa ... che-macan/

Have a trawl through the Euro Macan sales for December & Jan and Macan sales far outstrip any other porsche model with cayenne sales being extremely low (lack of diesel?)

I would save your more likely to get a discount on a Cayenne or 911 looking at those figures

pmg

Post by pmg »

Have you asked Autoebid when a car ordered now would be delivered?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
johnd

Post by johnd »

pmg wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:51 am Have you asked Autoebid when a car ordered now would be delivered?
Was that for me? But I don't know - you don't find out until you proceed with the enquiry. I was just accepting your challenge of whether Macan was available from brokers or not and the answer is clearly yes. But I don't disagree that you're unlikely to be at the front of the queue - that's often the trade-off of using a broker. That said, the major platforms are usually pretty good nowadays at honouring quoted price and availability.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Elrao

Post by Elrao »

johnd wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:32 am
pmg wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:04 am I have never seen Porsche's on offer at the main UK Discount Car Brokers
https://www.autoebid.com/buy-new-cars/Porsche/Macan/

Admittedly it's only 1%, but a discount nonetheless.
This is exactly the deal I was originally talking about, just wonder the likelihood of the opc matching it or knocking a few quid off at least.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Elrao wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:11 am
johnd wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:32 am
pmg wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:04 am I have never seen Porsche's on offer at the main UK Discount Car Brokers
https://www.autoebid.com/buy-new-cars/Porsche/Macan/

Admittedly it's only 1%, but a discount nonetheless.
This is exactly the deal I was originally talking about, just wonder the likelihood of the opc matching it or knocking a few quid off at least.
There are always deals to be done no matter what car you are buying.
Personally I would approach your preferred OPC and show them the deal and say you want to put an order in today and commit and can they match or get close to this?

But you need to be ready to commit.
This is all done in a very nice approach etc etc etc. You get what I mean. Have a coffee, look around etc.

Times are hard for all car manufacturers and no matter what they say they want your business more than ever now.

I have always managed to beat any offer from the likes of brokers and other similar establishments. This has been on all make / model cars and have all been at my local chosen dealer. Just get a good relationship with the SE which helps and I start my research and buying process early so I have plenty of time to make decisions.

I have found most of the discounted cars via brokers come from up north or Scotland. Maybe related to cheaper running costs compared to London ish locations.....

For me it has always been important to have a good relationship with the OPC / SE. But not at any price.
GTS 😀
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

darkness17 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:58 am Build a relationship with the OPC in a few years time when a new model comes out you like or an EV Macan you might find yourself higher up the allocation
I don't know if Porsche are different than other marques but my experience over the past 12 years with BMW and Audi, changing my car every 2/3 years is that the sales staff I saw last time have all moved on i.e. you're building a relationship with people who won't be there when you return!