Local OPC v Broker

All your ordering information here!
Elrao

Post by Elrao »

My local (45 mins) OPC treated us very well when we went to test a macan during the week. I've sent in a spec code and had a quote, which is the full sticker price.

I did briefly mention discounts, or apparent lack of, and they mentioned a free teddy bear for the kids! We also discussed a car they have coming into stock, where they offered me ~£800 off but it was too far away from our spec and the saving was not worth the massive compromise.

With our last three new cars (all Audis) we've anyways had pretty good discounts without much effort. I know porsche is different, and they don't offer big discounts, not even on stock cars, but what can I expect?

Price on Auto eBid is only about 1% cheaper, but that's £700 (or one or two options), better than nothing - but you don't know which dealer you would be working with. Might be worth the cash to duster the relationship with the dealer?

Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Elrao wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:55 pm Price on Auto eBid is only about 1% cheaper, but that's £700
£700 is £700 more than I am getting - grab it.
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

I drove 300 miles to collect my new car as that dealer could get it quicker, with £700 in your pocket you can make a very nice long weekend of it.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The simple fact is that an OPC does not need your business.

A Porsche sells itself.

Whatever is offered smile and take it.

If you want a great SUV buy a Macan, if you want a cheaper SUV with inferior quality of materials, inferior quality of ride, vastly inferior handling then buy a Q5.

A Macan is the best all round SUV,
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
darkness17

Post by darkness17 »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:57 am The simple fact is that an OPC does not need your business.

A Porsche sells itself.

Whatever is offered smile and take it.

+1 for this

Build a relationship with the OPC in a few years time when a new model comes out you like or an EV Macan you might find yourself higher up the allocation
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Elrao wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:55 pm My local (45 mins) OPC treated us very well when we went to test a macan during the week. I've sent in a spec code and had a quote, which is the full sticker price.

I did briefly mention discounts, or apparent lack of, and they mentioned a free teddy bear for the kids! We also discussed a car they have coming into stock, where they offered me ~£800 off but it was too far away from our spec and the saving was not worth the massive compromise.

With our last three new cars (all Audis) we've anyways had pretty good discounts without much effort. I know porsche is different, and they don't offer big discounts, not even on stock cars, but what can I expect?

Price on Auto eBid is only about 1% cheaper, but that's £700 (or one or two options), better than nothing - but you don't know which dealer you would be working with. Might be worth the cash to duster the relationship with the dealer?
I'm not sure where you are in terms of geography but if you want me to do some introductions at Porsche Bolton - I've given them a lot of business over the years.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Elrao

Post by Elrao »

MacanArif wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:06 am I'm not sure where you are in terms of geography but if you want me to do some introductions at Porsche Bolton - I've given them a lot of business over the years.
Thanks, but we are half way between Porsche East London and Colchester. It's Colchester that we went to on Monday.

Does sound like "no discount" is pretty normal, just wish I knew which dealer the £700 was from (you don't know until you've signed up with autoebid, unlike carwow where you know who is offering what).
Paul

Post by Paul »

I suspect that if you goback to your localdealership (s) with the autoebid in hand you may get some movement from them.

Whilst all dealerships are obliged to look after you for all after-sale and warranty work, it pays dividends to have a good relationship from the off, and them supplying the car is where this relationship starts.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
pmg

Post by pmg »

See post by Lawrie in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8461&sid=0a259d26a ... 5dea6cb0d1

If there is to be a Gap in Macan build allocations for the UK until November, then discounts are highly unlikely.

Porsche in the UK historically have protected residual values by not offering discounts and controlling supply. Just look at the change in BMW residual values and increase in depreciation since they chased sales by discounting and became a more mass-market brand.

I have never seen Porsche's on offer at the main UK Discount Car Brokers
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
johnd

Post by johnd »

pmg wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:04 am I have never seen Porsche's on offer at the main UK Discount Car Brokers
https://www.autoebid.com/buy-new-cars/Porsche/Macan/

Admittedly it's only 1%, but a discount nonetheless.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly