Macan S Currently at Detailers

All your ordering information here!
Elrao

Post by Elrao »

Looks good, placing my order tomorrow. The dealer has offered me free "body care" which is a nano ceramic coating (but assume not the same as yours).

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

You get what you pay for.

Do not expect anywhere near the same quality of finish from an OPC as you will get from a Pro Detailer.

The body prep alone can easily be a full days work. Then there is a full day with the car on jacks to allow the wheel coating to cure.

Take my advice and look at the link Paul gave in a prior post specifically looking at the difference images of before and after.

Then look at

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5106&hilit=Washing ... your+macan

But that is not the end of it, experience now is somewhat different in that I would certainly suggest a yearly return to the Pro Detailer for a top up treatment will likely be a benefit. I have Gteqnic V3 on mine and there is now some spotting, mine is garaged and always rinsed with filtered and softened water so in my case the water spotting is via rain.

The ultimate question is would I have Gtechnic again and now it would be NO.

I would not go the detailing route and would just do a quality wax job.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Paul wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:10 pm
Fairynuff wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:50 pm Detailer / ceramic coat . . . . £1,000! Can I know what you get for that (not small) money?
No connection whatsoever, but a member and has done quite a few cars on here...
https://www.exclusivecarcare.co.uk
Thanks - to get to £1,000 with this company I had to choose everything except glass. The questions that follows are - which options give the biggest bang for the bucks and which options are nice but not really worth the money?
frankstar123

Post by frankstar123 »

Yeah i got everything with my detailer, 7 year coat protection. interior, glass, wheels off etc. I'll put a link the company i used once i get my car (its still sitting on the ramps under lights) dont want to advertise its location.

So two years ago i paid £400 or so for diamond bright (or something similar) when i got my car from Audi, although it was smart looking, when you looked closely it still had light scratches and swirl marks from washing. I think they have 4 hours to turn a car around once it arrives. This place has the car for 3 days. I also found the Audi scratched quite easy with snow just being brushed off. I decided to go the full hog with my Macan as I've seen my mates 12 month old car with the same treatment as mine and it looks brand new.
2019 Macan S, Air Susp, 21 RS Alloys, Pano, Sport Chrono Pack, Lighting Pack, BOSE, Standard seats, Parking Camera, Privacy Glass.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Lovely looking Macan and you must be itching to get it.

It’s well worth the wait and mine was at the detailers for 4 days but 2.5 years later it’s had no top up and still beading very well and looks like new(it is garaged) 😉

I was at an OPC recently with 5 992’s and all had terrible paintwork and scratches. These are brand new cars over £100k each .... I always make sure when cars go in for a service that they do NOT wash it.

Enjoy when it arrives 👍
GTS 😀
frankstar123

Post by frankstar123 »

Cheers, just got the nod to say it's ready to pickup tomorrow morning. Roll on 9am tomorrow... :D
2019 Macan S, Air Susp, 21 RS Alloys, Pano, Sport Chrono Pack, Lighting Pack, BOSE, Standard seats, Parking Camera, Privacy Glass.