Collection issues

All your ordering information here!
Cosminu

Post by Cosminu »

Morning fellow members,
I took collection of my new Macan S on Tuesday, specification being http://www.porsche-code.com/PK3CMCR1. Car is everything it should and more however when arriving home later in the day realised OPC did drive away insurance on a different reg, 1 letter different. Swapped the next day with my own and haven t yet managed to reach the opc (left on a course until Saturday). Can someone advice how to handle the situation with them, I’ve looked online and understand I could be expecting a penalty and points on the driving licence? Attached couple photos of my newest addition as well☺️

7C97CCB8-4CCA-4B3D-B68F-33C073A22AA9.jpeg

E288B5C8-FBF2-4A22-BB09-4392FAD70FC1.jpeg

037D9116-88D0-4830-A393-516756CFD6BA.jpeg

5C8E760C-3C36-4B1D-9C69-9D7A9B74F3CD.jpeg

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Car looks great.

The drive away insurance is only intended to basically get you home where you can then arrange your own Insurance.

Any fine and penalty points is your responsibility as you should have checked the accuracy of the document before driving off the OPC forecourt.

Should you get said fine and points I would discuss it with the dealer Principle and seek some recompense from them.

Meanwhile do arrange insurance and I and many others here insure with NFU for a good price and their policy does include a form of GAP insurance.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
GoldJono

Post by GoldJono »

Car looks great! I pick up my new Macan S today.

I think you’ll be okay providing you weren’t stopped by the police or flashed by a camera, either way I wouldn’t worry about it and enjoy your lovely new car.
Current: 2019 Macan S Mamba Green
Current: 2015 981 Cayman Saphire Blue
Previous: 2017 Audi RS3 Ara blue
Previous: 2007 Audi TT Ibis White
Previous: 1997 Mk 1 Mazda MX5
amf

Post by amf »

On the NFU comment - nightmare to get a quote! Tried to get a multi-car quote + home insurance quote ... (currently all with Admiral!) .... one of the questions was if my house is made of more than 75% of bricks?! what kind of stupid question is that and how would somebody know or be able to quantify exactly if it's 75% or less or more! Ended up giving up on NFU, no online capability for quotes and just a hassle for me.
Duarte75

Post by Duarte75 »

Picking mine up on Wednesday next week, same colour but opted for the 911 turbo wheels. Good luck with it and happy driving!
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

If you are a named driver on another policy you have nothing to worry about
pmg

Post by pmg »

amf wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:32 am On the NFU comment - nightmare to get a quote! Tried to get a multi-car quote + home insurance quote ... (currently all with Admiral!) .... one of the questions was if my house is made of more than 75% of bricks?! what kind of stupid question is that and how would somebody know or be able to quantify exactly if it's 75% or less or more! Ended up giving up on NFU, no online capability for quotes and just a hassle for me.
I phoned NFU this morning and because car not on their system yet, they have sent a request to the underwriter and will be back with quote Monday. In the meantime, my existing LV quoted and issued COI for reg no on the basis of similar to 2014 /2018 Macan S and may charge a small extra amount when their underwriters update LV's system. I will make a judgement about my long term insurer when full-year renewal comes up in September.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Lovely looking machine ........ enjoy :D :D :D

Hopefully no problems with "no insurance".
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

My quote from NFU was £110 higher than my renewal from LV=.
NFU includes breakdown / roadside assistance which i do not need as it's covered by Porsche. But NFU give no reduction for not taking this option.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

I've been shopping around for insurance and have found LV to be the lowest so far. I've used them before (although with esure at the mo) and they've always been helpful and efficient. My quote was also cheaper when I went via their own website instead of comparethemarket, I was able to customise it better for me and it came with a lower excess.
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019