Collection issues

All your ordering information here!
Riomacan

Post by Riomacan »

Do any of the comparison sites show the Macan S, I can't find any?

davetronic

Post by davetronic »

Collecting my new S next week. Admiral quoted me a reasonable price for the few months left on my existing Maserati (now sold) insurance.
As as a check, I tried the comparison sites. The only one that listed a new Macan S was compare the market.com.
The result from the lowest upwards was LV, Churchill, Privilege, RAC etc Haven’t tried NFU but will do so in July when insurance expires!
Present: Macan S 2019 (PK1QF9N7), Audi Q3 S-line Quattro
Previous: Maserati Ghibli, 944, 911, Cayman, many Benz & BMW coupes. Sahara Beige Capri with brown vinyl roof. And a Renault R4L. (I'd like another).
DiverNick

Post by DiverNick »

davetronic wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:47 pm Collecting my new S next week. Admiral quoted me a reasonable price for the few months left on my existing Maserati (now sold) insurance.
As as a check, I tried the comparison sites. The only one that listed a new Macan S was compare the market.com.
The result from the lowest upwards was LV, Churchill, Privilege, RAC etc Haven’t tried NFU but will do so in July when insurance expires!
Make sure the spec is correct. I've been down this route and it's the OLD pre 2019 Mk II engine. If you go into the detail you might well find they decline to quote, but that's better than finding out that if you needed to submit a claim your policy was invalid!!
davetronic

Post by davetronic »

That was the issue with the other comparison sites, kept defaulting to a 2.0 or a 2018 model. I’m pretty sure Compare the market actually listed a 3.0 2019 Macan S. By July it should be on all sites!
Last edited by davetronic on Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previous: Maserati Ghibli, 944, 911, Cayman, many Benz & BMW coupes. Sahara Beige Capri with brown vinyl roof. And a Renault R4L. (I'd like another).
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Don't forget the ANPR cameras, they are live all the time. Some fixed and some in Police Vehicles. They will auto' check with its data base, if you've driven passed it, without the necessary doc's being in force. If so a letter will be arriving at the reg' owners address, in due course.
davetronic

Post by davetronic »

davetronic wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:18 pm That was the issue with the other comparison sites, kept defaulting to a 2.0 or a 2018 model. I’m pretty sure Compare the market actually listed a 3.0 2019 Macan S. By July it should be on all sites!