New Night Blue Macan S ordered

All your ordering information here!
rosino

Post by rosino »

Finally went for it and finalised spec on a June/July allocation.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSQBEP8

Agonised quite a lot on colour and final spec. Read and reread opinions on this forum.. and it helped me trim down the spec a bit and finally happy with what I have (I think..).

Big items to drop at the end were : Bose, Sport Chrono and PTV. With the latter staying until the last moment before I was told this is a SUV and not one of my 911s :-)

Things that were always going to be there :

- pasm
- panoramic roof
- 21’ wheels although more for the lack of any other appealing choice than anything else. I find the price of these absolutely obscene. If 20’ had been materially cheaper I would have gone for those, but there’s barely any difference.
- all driving aids possible, find it crazy there’s no standard auto emergency brake on a Macan when you get it on any Golf these days.

Full leather because it’s nicer.. and I loved my full leather in all the 911s I have ever owned. Almost considered pebble but OPC strongly discouraged it.

Colours were down to Volcano or Night Blue and after seeing one on the road over Easter weekend in the sun I decided night blue might be more original.

All the rest are luxury add-ons that I could not stop myself from adding. OPC forced me to add the black tailpipes. Absurd money for a change of colour again, but they do look good. PSE if the opinion had been more favourable I could have considered but most of the direct feedback has been negative for the 2019 models..

That’s it! Should arrive just after baby... so looking forward to both !
Last edited by rosino on Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Neat spec.

If you wanted the Brake Assist function then you should have included ACC, it gives auto cruise control and when it is switched on but not necessarily set at a speed it gives an Emergency Brake Assist function. Your SE should have advised to include this if you had asked them.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
rosino

Post by rosino »

They did! The traffic jam assist includes ACC and lane keep and change assist. I definitely wanted the latter so just opted for the full package.

Keen to try the traffic jam assist on my commute that regularly crawls for a while..
rosino

Post by rosino »

rosino wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:10 pm Finally went for it and finalised spec on a June/July allocation.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSQBEP8

Agonised quite a lot on colour and final spec. Read and reread opinions on this forum.. and it helped me trim down the spec a bit and finally happy with what I have (I think..).

Big items to drop at the end were : Bose, Sport Chrono and PTV. With the latter staying until the last moment before I was told this is a SUV and not one of my 911s :-)

Things that were always going to be there :

- pasm
- panoramic roof
- 21’ wheels although more for the lack of any other appealing choice than anything else. I find the price of these absolutely obscene. If 20’ had been materially cheaper I would have gone for those, but there’s barely any difference.
- all driving aids possible, find it crazy there’s no standard auto emergency brake on a Macan when you get it on any Golf these days.

Full leather because it’s nicer.. and I loved my full leather in all the 911s I have ever owned. Almost considered pebble but OPC strongly discouraged it.

Colours were down to Volcano or Night Blue and after seeing one on the road over Easter weekend in the sun I decided night blue might be more original.

All the rest are luxury add-ons that I could not stop myself from adding. OPC forced me to add the black tailpipes. Absurd money for a change of colour again, but they do look good. PSE if the opinion had been more favourable I could have considered but most of the direct feedback has been negative for the 2019 models..

Individual equipment
Night Blue Metallic
Black leather interior, smooth-finish leather
Deletion of model designation
Panoramic roof system
Privacy glass
Roof rails in aluminium, painted in black
Side window trims in black (high-gloss)
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
Sports tailpipes in black
75 litre fuel tank
Power steering Plus
21-Inch RS Spyder Design Wheels
18-Inch collapsible spare wheel
Wheel centres with full-colour Porsche Crest
LED main headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
Automatically dimming mirrors
ParkAssist (front and rear) including reversing camera and Surround View
Traffic Jam Assist incl. Adaptive Cruise Control
Ioniser
14-way electric seats (front) with memory package
Seat heating (front)
Side airbags in rear compartment
Mechanical roll-up sunblind for rear side windows
Storage package

That’s it! Should arrive just after baby... so looking forward to both !
Riomacan

Post by Riomacan »

Rosino, interested why the OPC advised against Pebble? If you're happy with black that's fine, but the Night Blue with pebble looks great and to the two OPCs I've spoken to and looked at the vehicles. OPCs can sell on second hand Macans that have dark exteriors and black leather easily.
DiverNick

Post by DiverNick »

rosino wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:46 am They did! The traffic jam assist includes ACC and lane keep and change assist. I definitely wanted the latter so just opted for the full package.

Keen to try the traffic jam assist on my commute that regularly crawls for a while..
I also opted for "the full package" on my new Macan S = collected last week! The ACC works really well, but I'm unsure about the self steering input claims for TJA, early days yet and need to give it more of a chance to prove itself.
Just macan

Post by Just macan »

Congratulations...night blue is lovely colour.
I would suggest removing privacy tint glass....interior in leather Beige colour is a stunner and makes the inside lighter and happier. Add black colour exhaust pipes nicer than silver. Just imv.
You will have a great time with this beautiful machine.
rosino

Post by rosino »

OPC advised against the pebble mostly on the back of the agate bit which to their eyes looks too brown for most come resale value.

As I was unsure myself and this will be the family vehicle and am a bit OCD I though black might make things easier. The beige was discounted from the get go as my wife hates beige so that was never an option :-)

I put black exhaust tips. Or at least I thought I had :-) I could have done without them but OPC was adamant they were needed. As they had me take off chrono, Bose and ptv I was ok to have them on.. strangely they were unenthusiastic about PSE.

As for privacy with a baby I thought I would need that and the blinds to be on the safe side. All my friends basically told me they ended up with privacy and stuck on blinds. So I got both from factory !
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

Congrats. Nice spec :)
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

rosino wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:10 pm Full leather because it’s nicer.. and I loved my full leather in all the 911s I have ever owned. Almost considered pebble but OPC strongly discouraged it.
Three cars back I wanted a light coloured leather interior and the SE talked me out of it and I regretted opting for boring black for 3 cars now, the 4th car later I'm having pebble :)