Payment Methods

All your ordering information here!
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

Hi all,

Just wondered if there were any cash buyers on here and if so, how did you handle to transaction for payment?

We are trying to get the details from the OPE but he is being a bit vague. Also the bank (Lloyds have told us that there is a 25k limit on online transfers, so we would need to do this in stages over a few days.

Would be interested to hear how you all did it. :geek:

Thanks
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019

Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I payed the 911, 100k+ on a switch card, no issues, but I had prewarned the bank I was going to do it.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

So long as the money is in your account then a card will be fine. A call to the bank is also a wise plan although you may also get a security call when the transaction is going through.
Paul

Post by Paul »

As both above, debit card with a call to the bank first......
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

We literally just spoke to the bank and they told us there was a daily limit of £25,000. We have told them it will be over this and they haven't really given us any more options. So we'll ask the dealer again but can possibly share the balance between mine and my husbands accounts and each do a payment. on the day.

Bit stupid on Lloyds part really, why not allow flexibility to increase the limit if you're making a one off large payment, if they know in advance and you specify the day it shouldn't be an issue.

Ah well, thanks for your responses!
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Just transferred the full amount (less the £3k deposit paid 7 months prior by Amex) from my bank to the OPC the day before they delivered my Macan.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
JJW023

Post by JJW023 »

You can also make a CHAPS payment which is also processed same day like an online transfer but isn’t subject to the same limits as an online transfer. You might have to go into a branch and have ID etc with you though, and it costs about £30 to process I believe. I am also with Lloyd’s and have made transfers/payments this way in the past at upto close to 100k in the past.
2019 Macan S, Volcano Grey
pmg

Post by pmg »

Paid by internet banking. OPC wanted money two days before vehicle pick up. Had paid deposit by that route so knew my setup payment worked. Bank has faster payments limit of £20,000 but no daily limit to no of payments.

Found the experience far less hassle than my two previous vehicle purchases which were by debit card with security questions despite preclearance.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Rams911

Post by Rams911 »

Just pay on collection with your debit card. Chip and pin. So much easier and no chaps fees
subaxtreme

Post by subaxtreme »

There is still a place for a bank cheque!
Stephen
Cayenne S Diesel
Sold: Macan SD