Payment Methods

All your ordering information here!
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I used debit card and the bank lifted security limit following a phone call on the day for a few hours while I made the payment.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:02 am I used debit card and the bank lifted security limit following a phone call on the day for a few hours while I made the payment.
I have also done this method.

Except I contacted my Bank a couple of days before and they said if it flagged up that a confirmation was required that would just require me to confirm some account details on the phone.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Yep always pay with my debit card on the day.. as long as the money is in your account no problems so far .. I had too answer a few security questions over the phone once so wise to ring them a few days before to inform them.
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
davetronic

Post by davetronic »

I had always paid by debit card in the past, but OPC this time would not do this due to “fees” (?). It seems this is not now uncommon for whatever reason. I reluctantly ended up paying in full the day before, doing a bank transfer while on the phone to my bank. It still took quite a while, with a lot of security hoops to jump through. and in hindsight was much easier than doing it in the dealers. I am still not sure that they pay debit card fees, however.
Present: Macan S 2019 (PK1QF9N7), Audi Q3 S-line Quattro
Previous: Maserati Ghibli, 944, 911, Cayman, many Benz & BMW coupes. Sahara Beige Capri with brown vinyl roof. And a Renault R4L. (I'd like another).
Duarte75

Post by Duarte75 »

Went to my local branch and done a CHAPS transfer. Had to pay £17 for the privilege but then again I just wanted to get on with it!!
pmg

Post by pmg »

davetronic wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:00 am I had always paid by debit card in the past, but OPC this time would not do this due to “fees” (?). It seems this is not now uncommon for whatever reason. I reluctantly ended up paying in full the day before, doing a bank transfer while on the phone to my bank. It still took quite a while, with a lot of security hoops to jump through. and in hindsight was much easier than doing it in the dealers. I am still not sure that they pay debit card fees, however.
my OPC also would not accept cards for large amounts due to fee reasons
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

As already stated Switch Debit, no limit but there may be a security call to handle. I did for the first time last year come across a dealer (not OPC) that didn’t take it due to fees, a pain as multiple account transfers or Chaps is the only workaround. Surprised the SE couldn’t advise was he or she not able to “phone a friend?” ;) shame a big bag of Cash doesn’t at all go down well anymore :lol:
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
FMR

Post by FMR »

Hi Mrs Macan
Congrats for saving and paying cash for your new Macan, one of the few free “options” from Porsche. Many would just dive in with a monthly payment, it will mean so much more to you.
Re the cash transfer, I usually go a couple of days prior to handover and get the painful part done, you’ll enjoy that special handover moment more. Check with accounts, not the SE, for limit, (it’s was 99k at my OPC) and pay by debit card. There should be no fee. Ring your bank prior to transaction. Can be reassuring if they do ring up to check. I have paid by CHAPS, but there is always a few hours where your hard earned has gone “missing” from your account and not arrived in theirs!
On handover check everything carefully. First thing I noticed on my last one - front reg plate not straight! Which did fill me with confidence for the care taken with the PDI.
ENJOY!!!!
New Macan Turbo Mar 20
991 C4GTS Mar 19
Macan TPP Mar 17 sold
Macan GTS Mar 16 sold
VanB

Post by VanB »

As others debit card on pickup day after a call to my bank. Never had a problem with this and I'm surprised an OPC has refused payment by this method. Most won't take a credit card for more than £5k but used this for my deposit.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Forgot to add in my previous.

I did ask my SE before I paid a deposit:-

1 When the balance would be due

2 Was there any top up payment, ie due at spec lockdown

3 Payment method for the balance

Had 1 not been on collection, 2 a top up payment was required and 3 Debit Card accepted, then I would have taken my business elsewhere.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags