Delays at Emden

All your ordering information here!
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

SimonW66 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:09 pm Update: Macan S is still in Emden where it has been for 7 weeks, delay is now down to a hold on 80 vehicles for "quality control" what ever that means and not Brexit issues which was the previous reason given. OPC are making right noises about being "fair" with me, I genuinely think OPC are being kept in the dark about what the actual problem is by Porsche.

Is anyone else having similar problems with extended delays or have better information on what the issue actually is? I have the right to cancel if the order is not fulfilled within 8 weeks but seems draconian. Some better information would make decisions easier.

Thanks
"Quality control" sounds like your car was caught up in a batch for a factory recall due to some unspecified issue. If they caught it before it was delivered, they probably wouldn't have to report it, wouldn't have to go into some recall log and count towards some nasty figure, and you won't know either way! Better there than when you're doing a tonne on the motorway and the car does a hard left into the trees for no reason! Sorry...too far that. But you get my drift!

N111BJG

Post by N111BJG »

on 29th April I had an email saying mine was entering production, it arrived at OPC yesterday 15th May & I'm collecting it next week,
that's less than 4 weeks
2023 Macan S in Copper Ruby Metallic
2022 Mini Cooper Exclusive Convertible (Hers)
2022 BMW R1250GS
2016 991.2 C4S Cabriolet in Miami Blue
2019 Macan S (Sold)
2015 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster (Sold)
2005 997.1 C2S Cabriolet (sold)
SimonW66

Post by SimonW66 »

Yes they have offered a car on a temporary basis but not worth it at the moment due to a business trip and holiday so can get by for now, the delay was made worse by getting a good offer privately on my 3 Series which I took as the Macan was thought to be arriving soon as they were getting through the backlog at Elden.

At some point I will need a car but the OPC gets no clear advice from Germany on when or what the delay is so difficult to judge what to do. As car is built it must arrive at some point! Don’t want to cancel as this is my first Porsche but at some point I suppose I would have to so I guess just hang in there and enjoy the anticipation!

I would also like to try and avoid a lone car if possible so the first Porsche I have is my own!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

SimonW66 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:48 pm Yes they have offered a car on a temporary basis but not worth it at the moment due to a business trip and holiday so can get by for now, the delay was made worse by getting a good offer privately on my 3 Series which I took as the Macan was thought to be arriving soon as they were getting through the backlog at Elden.

At some point I will need a car but the OPC gets no clear advice from Germany on when or what the delay is so difficult to judge what to do. As car is built it must arrive at some point! Don’t want to cancel as this is my first Porsche but at some point I suppose I would have to so I guess just hang in there and enjoy the anticipation!

I would also like to try and avoid a lone car if possible so the first Porsche I have is my own!
When this has happened previously the OPC has provided FOC a loan vehicle for the entire delay period.

A very active member here had the Service Managers non Porsche car for many weeks whilst their new car was stuck somewhere in transit.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Some car makers rely on 3rd party transport companies, which are not fully integrated into their distribution system. To the consumers it feels like a car disappears into a black-hole, until it emerges at the dealer.
This reminds me of the dot.com era in the year 2000, when one could order stuff on-line, but one couldn’t see availability or delivery dates. Many issues have been resolved since, some still need improvement [emoji12]
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:48 pm
SimonW66 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:48 pm Yes they have offered a car on a temporary basis but not worth it at the moment due to a business trip and holiday so can get by for now, the delay was made worse by getting a good offer privately on my 3 Series which I took as the Macan was thought to be arriving soon as they were getting through the backlog at Elden.

When this has happened previously the OPC has provided FOC a loan vehicle for the entire delay period.

A very active member here had the Service Managers non Porsche car for many weeks whilst their new car was stuck somewhere in transit.
Ah, yes, when Emma the Sales Manager lent me her BMW 4-Series Convertible while I waited for my delayed Panamera 4. Can’t fault Tewkesbury on their customer service! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

Sounds like you’re having a rather unlucky run of things. I was told i’d a build date of May 17 with about 3 weeks after that until likely collection.

Turned out to be off the production line, 6th May, Emden around the 12th, Grimsby around the 18th & I collected it on the 24th. I only ordered mid March (dealer had 3 build slots with 28 Mar lockdown dates). I guess I was rather jammy.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Alfanut wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:56 am Sounds like you’re having a rather unlucky run of things. I was told i’d a build date of May 17 with about 3 weeks after that until likely collection.

Turned out to be off the production line, 6th May, Emden around the 12th, Grimsby around the 18th & I collected it on the 24th. I only ordered mid March (dealer had 3 build slots with 28 Mar lockdown dates). I guess I was rather jammy.
Welcome.

You did well, the early build slot happens from time to time and it seems due to extra allocations or cancellations.

Your lockdown to build is typical, it is the factory compound to OPC period that is the variable which is in the range 7 to 30 days with about 20 days being average.

Quickest reported here was 7 days, my own was 14 days.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I got early slot too

They are producing more of the cars they can sell while others aren’t being produced at the minute due to WLTP rubbish.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
SimonW66

Post by SimonW66 »

Car left Emden last Monday after 2 months waiting for Brexit backlog to clear and “quality assurance”
Arrived in Reading today as Porsche Connect went live and could see it there on my iPad!
Have arranged to pick up on Friday.
Sept 2018 Placed deposit
Jan 2019 order and spec confirmed
April 3rd 2019 car arrives Emden
June 3rd car leaves Emden
June 10th car arrives Reading
June 14th Delivery

What an epic wait - it had better be worth it!!