After 15 months' wait - My New Macan S

All your ordering information here!
RAA

Post by RAA »

Fifteen months after placing my deposit (initially for a facelifted Agate Grey Macan S Diesel) in February 2018, I travelled to Tonbridge Porsche Centre to collect my Dolomite Silver (they have dropped Agate Grey) Macan S (they have dropped diesels) last Saturday. Pleased as Punch, driving my first ever Porsche - the perfect, all-round car (once I get to know all the controls and menus) !

Sorry, no photos ( I am a video person), but you can see the video of the unveiling and a quick walk-around, on YouTube: "Collecting New Macan S: The 'Unveiling' " on my channel, piperbob2. The URL is www.youtu.be/20RtykDALSE. (if this URL doesn't work for you, then you could go to YT, typing in the title and then "- piperbob2" and you should get it.)

The Dolomite Silver Metallic seems to have a light-blue tinge to it - I quite like it !

Spec. is:
Black leather interior
Thermally and noise insulated glass incl. privacy glass
Electrically extending towbar system
Black roof rails
Black window trim
PASM with air suspension
Porsche Torque Vectoring
75 litre tank
Sports Chrono Package
Power steering plus
18" Macan S wheels
Collapsible spare wheel
LEDs including PDLS PLus
Tinted LED taillights
Automatically dimming mirrors
ParkAssist with Surround View cameras
Comfort Entry
Adaptive Cruise Control
Lane Change Assist
Heated windscreen
Ioniser
Adaptive Sports Seats
Seat Heating (front)
Seat ventilation (front)
Heated steering wheel
Comfort lighting package
Dark Walnut interior package

No doubt, I'll have some questions to ask forum members, as I pile the miles !

Bob
Last edited by RAA on Thu May 09, 2019 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Riomacan

Post by Riomacan »

Congrats. Looks like the URL is incorrect. Question, you have chosen PTV and 18"wheels. Would be interested to know your thinking. PASM with or without Air and 20" or 21" seems to be the most popular.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Congrats on the new Macan, RAA! :)

Sounds like Dolomite Silver is similar to the previous Rhodium Silver, the colour of my first Porsche.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

15 months wait. I know how you feel, I had a 14 months wait..... well worth it :D :D

Enjoy :D :D :D
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Congrats.

Qn though...why would you spec PTV on 18s with air?? You aren't likely to track this car to fully utilise PTV and second, even if you were, 18s aren't the rubber on which to do it.

Other than that, nice spec.
RAA

Post by RAA »

Riomacan wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:54 am Congrats. Looks like the URL is incorrect. Question, you have chosen PTV and 18"wheels. Would be interested to know your thinking. PASM with or without Air and 20" or 21" seems to be the most popular.
I'm sure the URL is correct, but the link doesn't seem to work.

I chose Porsche Torque Vectoring as I thought it might come in useful if I were to corner too boldly; but I don't suppose I'd realise or appreciate it fully, if at all - so it's probably wasted on me.

With all the uneven roads and myriads of potholes in the U.K., I decided that low-profile tyres just wouldn't help, so opted for the standard 18" wheels. After only 4 days' driving my first-ever Porsche, I can at least recommend the PASM with air, feels really good.
RAA

Post by RAA »

GMAN75 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:14 am Congrats.

Qn though...why would you spec PTV on 18s with air?? You aren't likely to track this car to fully utilise PTV and second, even if you were, 18s aren't the rubber on which to do it.

Other than that, nice spec.
Yes, you're right: I'm not likely to fully utilise PTV, and less likely to appreciate its use. I'm a first-time Porsche owner,
first-time performance car own ................ so have lots to learn. The 18" wheels, I felt would help going over all the speed humps and potholes we have to put up with.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Congratulations.

Glad to see that you included the singular best Extra ....... heated steering wheel.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
RAA

Post by RAA »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:07 am Congratulations.

Glad to see that you included the singular best Extra ....... heated steering wheel.
Hi Col (is that short for the army rank, Colonel or Colin ?)

Yes, I'm thinking it will come in very useful - but I'm finding that, whenever I turn the steering wheel 90º or more, I touch the switch by mistake and switch it on, when not needed !
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

RAA wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:35 am With all the uneven roads and myriads of potholes in the U.K., I decided that low-profile tyres just wouldn't help, so opted for the standard 18" wheels. After only 4 days' driving my first-ever Porsche, I can at least recommend the PASM with air, feels really good.
With 18" wheels and air suspension, you certainly have the most comfortable 'magic carpet' set up! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018