OPC

All your ordering information here!
VanB

Post by VanB »

Your SE sounds like a bit of a bellend TBH. I wouldnt buy from them again especially as most cant do enought to help. I requested to see my 911 with all the protective plastic on. No problem. Didnt want it prepped for collection as was having it detailed. No problem. Paid on day of collection with debit card. No problem. SE even took pics for me on collection as the camera on my phone doesnt work. No problem.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I thought debit cards were free. I paid approx. £45,000 with mine with no problems.

As said, videos etc. shouldn't be a problem either.
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Davidone wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:05 pm Just had email from my OPC telling me the only way to pay the balance is by way of bank transfer, no debit cards etc because of the cost????
Must be received two days prior to handover........"to insure a smooth experience" !!!!!!

These OPC people really are in a world of their own........and the worst part is, we let them get away with all this c**p
What, serious question, is the problem with a bank transfer?? Is it beyond you??! Took me all of, literally, 30 seconds to do it. I don't get it.
Paul

Post by Paul »

It’s more the 2 days before hand-over, can’t do more than £10K in one go, pay for CHAPS (and actually the very principal) etc etc that is more in question here.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
VanB

Post by VanB »

Bank transfer is so not an issue to do but people do have varying limits on how much they can transfer and this often means multiple transfers over several days rathe than just paying in 1 go. If I've already paid Porsche an excessive amount for one of their cars I really object to paying a CHAPS fee on top (point of principle rather than anything else)
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

Col
I was on these forums prior to buying my first SD Macan way back in 2015. Forgotten all my details so had to start again. Never visited again after delivery, don't really know why?
Guess I will go with the flow to ensure a good experience on the day!
I do however keep telling myself this is only a new car, we are all so very fortunate to be in this position, although I suspect a lot of hard work was involved at some point for all involved.
Hope everyone on here stays in good health to enjoy the fruits of their labour.