First Porsche: 2019 Macan S

All your ordering information here!
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

PWMacan wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:53 am Thanks all for the advice - much appreciated.
@Macananon & Mrs Macan - good to know that my experience concerning PEC is typical.
@T4LGO - re: full leather, are the only additions over partial leather the door tops and door bins? Perhaps the seat base and underside of dash too? I know what you mean, but all the cars in the showroom are partial and they look and feel great to me.
@Col Lamb - re-assuring re: PASM with 21s. Yes it will be better than my current 1st gen Audi S5. ACC - I don’t think I’d get enough use out of it. Yes will probably add spare wheel and 75l tank. Heated wheel I can do without I think. PS+ can be added in a software update later if needed I understand? I would prefer not to upgrade headlights as I would really hope the standard ones to be sufficient!

And yes I know coloured seatbelts are a bit silly, but my wife (self appointed design guru) thinks we’ve gone a bit plain with the styling so this is a subtle way of jazzing it up just slightly.

Full leather .. complete top of dash to windscreen, complete lower part of dash inc. Glovebox, part of the ctr console near where the buttons and gear stick are, steering wheel ctr that covers the air bag. I love it makes it very premium inside. See if you can see them side by side, at initial glance they look similar but getting rid of most of the plastic makes a big difference imho.
Tal
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

T4LGO wrote:
PWMacan wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:53 am Thanks all for the advice - much appreciated.
@Macananon & Mrs Macan - good to know that my experience concerning PEC is typical.
@T4LGO - re: full leather, are the only additions over partial leather the door tops and door bins? Perhaps the seat base and underside of dash too? I know what you mean, but all the cars in the showroom are partial and they look and feel great to me.
@Col Lamb - re-assuring re: PASM with 21s. Yes it will be better than my current 1st gen Audi S5. ACC - I don’t think I’d get enough use out of it. Yes will probably add spare wheel and 75l tank. Heated wheel I can do without I think. PS+ can be added in a software update later if needed I understand? I would prefer not to upgrade headlights as I would really hope the standard ones to be sufficient!

And yes I know coloured seatbelts are a bit silly, but my wife (self appointed design guru) thinks we’ve gone a bit plain with the styling so this is a subtle way of jazzing it up just slightly.

Full leather .. complete top of dash to windscreen, complete lower part of dash inc. Glovebox, part of the ctr console near where the buttons and gear stick are, steering wheel ctr that covers the air bag. I love it makes it very premium inside. See if you can see them side by side, at initial glance they look similar but getting rid of most of the plastic makes a big difference imho.
Tal
I agree that full leather interior makes a big difference. On my previous SD I had partial leather interior (dash, seats), but when I got my 2nd hand Turbo with full black leather and carbon interior it was a great upgrade. Even the door pockets are lined with smooth leather. It makes the interior feel more luxurious. So I would now plump up for that instead of, say, sunroof, which I don’t use much at all. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Ha just looked mine has the leather in the door pockets too !! I think I would (maybe) tick it before sunroof too..
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

PWMacan wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:28 am Hi Nick, thank you. I’ve done a PEC day once before as a gift and didn’t know you could share it. Is that with the same driving time shared by two people I guess?

Re: leather - yes and very annoying it is too! I really want the leather dash though so think I can force myself a stretch to that, but the incremental extra coverage with the full package doesn’t seem worth it to me.

Re: suspension, OK that helps - so another re-assuring vote for PASM and no air.

Re: lights, I assume you’re referring to headlights as opposed to any cabin / ambient lights?
Yes, we went for a morning session but split it between us and although my wife insisted I have the greater share, our instructor covered the basics with her which suited her fine.

Yes, headlights. They are now LEDs, so upgrading to Dynamic PDLS Plus may be nice to have but is quite expensive and those who have it often say that the automatic dip function can be a bit slow to react.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Leather interior, smooth-finish leather includes (taken from the configurator):
Leather lining on top and underside of dashboard including glove compartment cover, centre console side sections, steering wheel airbag module, upper section of door trims in front and rear, door panel armrests and door pulls in front and rear, centre console storage compartment lid. Leather seats including leather lining on seat outer bolsters in front and rear, side of front headrests, rear headrests and front seat backrest surrounds

Standard Interior with Leather Package / Partial Leather Seats:
Leather lining on top side of dashboard, centre console storage compartment lid, seat centres, seat inner bolsters, front side of seat headrests, door panel armrests and door pulls in front and rear
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
ianst

Post by ianst »

PWMacan wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:44 pm

Also, with regard to ordering, we are being told absolutely no discounts. In addition the Porsche experience day is offered only for one person (so my wife would have to pay the ~£450 if we wanted to go together). I know others are given two spaces and I thought this was standard. Is my experience typical with regards to lack of discounts and only one space at the Silverstone day?
There are definitely discounts about, you need to be willing to travel though.
My local PEC who told me no discounts phoned a week later, so I told them why I went elsewhere, they said they couldn't match that much, but hinted could have done something, too late.

You need to ring around and be ready to do a deal.

You can share the porsche experience, its £450 for both to get the full go though
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
PWMacan

Post by PWMacan »

Thanks ianst, that’s encouraging. I’m waiting for the local shop to loan us one for an extended test (hoping they call me today about it) and then will ring around with the final spec.

We did gently suggest that was something we would consider in our attempt to get a discount to our SE, who didn’t much like that. In fact he was quite rude about it. I can take the rough and tumble but my wife was not very impressed!
rosino

Post by rosino »

For me full leather is worth it. Expensive but then it’s a Porsche and neve had plastic in my Porsche’s.

Light design pack is a must.

I think PASM is enough even with 21’. And fees more connected than air which can be floaty. This is not only according to me but Porsche engineers also prefer feel of pasm.

RS over turbo style any day :-)

I aired for ACC as I find it crazy there’s no active safety as standard. I also wanted lane change assist. Again strange so few spec it when you see the way people drive..
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

rosino wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:30 pm I think PASM is enough even with 21’. And fees more connected than air which can be floaty. This is not only according to me but Porsche engineers also prefer feel of pasm.
I think there's a misunderstanding here. Air suspension includes PASM. The difference in feel is down to the different suspension design, air bags or steel springs. There are pros and cons to both, it depends on what your priorities are for the type of ride you want.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

To be more explicit Nick I think I'd be right to say there is not a single sports car that uses air suspension? Whereas all contemporary super-sport cars have a 'PASM' (computer aided damping) option, if not as standard. Certainly McLaren have a very nifty system. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkwL8lBo2e0&t=649s :ugeek:
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960