First Porsche: 2019 Macan S

All your ordering information here!
PWMacan

Post by PWMacan »

Hi all - first post here as looking for some advice on what is hopefully to be my first Porsche order. I've learnt a lot from existing posts on here but I'd like to invite comments on my provisional spec:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PK2VA4G4

Specific thoughts:
-Undecided between 21" RS Spyder and 911 turbo wheels (suspect this is purely subjective)
-Sales rep is trying to push me to air suspension given my preference for 21" wheels. I have only tested one Macan and that had air on 21" RS Spyders. Seemed fine but not all that plush - how much crashier should I expect PASM without air to be?
-I was underwhelmed by engine / exhaust note on the test drive but I really don't want to pay for the sports exhaust - unless I should?
-Partial vs full leather - given that I have the 18 way sports seats the benefits of full leather seem really minor (door tops and side bins). Am I missing anything?
-Comfort lighting package - can anyone confirm the specific difference between the package inclusions and the standard spec?
-Any must-haves that I'm missing?

Also, with regard to ordering, we are being told absolutely no discounts. In addition the Porsche experience day is offered only for one person (so my wife would have to pay the ~£450 if we wanted to go together). I know others are given two spaces and I thought this was standard. Is my experience typical with regards to lack of discounts and only one space at the Silverstone day?

Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Re discount and experience, what you have been offered is normal. If your Wife is really in to her driving, just pay the extra, it's well worth it. Otherwise wait for further invites from your dealer for range days etc, they can come in 2's.
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

Hi PWMacan,

I really like your spec, I'm sure some of the more spec happy guys will give you some advice, but I just wanted to tell you that I did get a £1000k discount; this was in January when the threat of Brexit and the possibility of a 10% price hike was very likely come our delivery time. Thankfully it didn't happen and we did save our pennies!

However .... I think some people can get quite a bit of freebies on their handovers, I got some mats, a free extra rear numberplate and a 75litre tankful of fuel. So maybe because we had that lovely discount they thought that was enough. :lol:

I only got offered 1 place at Silverstone with the option to pay to have another driver, my husband is coming as a spectator (I won't let him drive it anyway lol :lol: ).
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

I went for the full leather and don't regret it .. it gives the interior a lift to luxury level.. leather on top of the dash, bottom of the dash, door tops, door cards, door grabs, ctr console, air bag cover of steering wheel. The none full leather in my opion has lots of interior plastic, which makes in feel quite ordinary (like a Audi or BMW) you could delete some of your options and get the full leather (coloured seat belts comfort lighting ect)
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
adam b

Post by adam b »

thats a nice spec, how much more is full over partial leather? if its 300-400 then I would definitely get that over coloured seatbelts

wheels is personal but I like 21" sport classics painted black then the turbo wheels
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Over 1k .. expensive.. but I would tick it again
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Your spec looks very good.

Couple of suggestions of other Extras to consider, spare wheel, heated steering wheel, ps+, 75l fuel tank.

Dependent upon if you use cruise control quite a bit the standard cc is a simple constant speed system where ACC is the fully adaptive system with auto braking.

If you live or frequently drive at night in unlit roads then upgrading the headlights would be a another suggestion.

Suspension, as long as you keep PASM then even with 21” wheels the ride and handling will be excellent especially if you are coming from a car with sports (hard) suspension.

My advice for years has been when you decide upon seats, wheel size, suspension and if you include PS+ then you try and have a long test drive of any Macan than has the same setup just to be sure that everything is as you want it to be.

Once a deposit is placed you should receive an invite to attend a session at the Silverstone PEC where you can drive an S around the circuits, skid pan etc. Do search for PEC posts and read them.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
PWMacan

Post by PWMacan »

Thanks all for the advice - much appreciated.
@Macananon & Mrs Macan - good to know that my experience concerning PEC is typical.
@T4LGO - re: full leather, are the only additions over partial leather the door tops and door bins? Perhaps the seat base and underside of dash too? I know what you mean, but all the cars in the showroom are partial and they look and feel great to me.
@Col Lamb - re-assuring re: PASM with 21s. Yes it will be better than my current 1st gen Audi S5. ACC - I don’t think I’d get enough use out of it. Yes will probably add spare wheel and 75l tank. Heated wheel I can do without I think. PS+ can be added in a software update later if needed I understand? I would prefer not to upgrade headlights as I would really hope the standard ones to be sufficient!

And yes I know coloured seatbelts are a bit silly, but my wife (self appointed design guru) thinks we’ve gone a bit plain with the styling so this is a subtle way of jazzing it up just slightly.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

My wife and I shared our PEC day/s. You both need to book in to drive at reception, remember your driving licences. The instructors are very good at accommodating any requests.

I think you're right re leather. You have to go partial leather seats option to get leather dash etc, but when adding 18-way seats it feels like you are paying for leather twice, and you are!

I went for air and 20" as I don't like big wheels and risky low profile tyres, but test drove 21's without air and, while I could feel the extra thump a bit, the ride was fine generally. Comfort was my priority, but in comfort setting air suspension can feel a little 'floaty' at times.

The car already has LED lights so you don't need the further upgrade.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
PWMacan

Post by PWMacan »

Hi Nick, thank you. I’ve done a PEC day once before as a gift and didn’t know you could share it. Is that with the same driving time shared by two people I guess?

Re: leather - yes and very annoying it is too! I really want the leather dash though so think I can force myself a stretch to that, but the incremental extra coverage with the full package doesn’t seem worth it to me.

Re: suspension, OK that helps - so another re-assuring vote for PASM and no air.

Re: lights, I assume you’re referring to headlights as opposed to any cabin / ambient lights?