First Porsche: 2019 Macan S

All your ordering information here!
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

PWMacan wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:48 am Update two: the loan car persuaded me that a new Macan S is right for me. I’ve paid a deposit for a September build (apparently this OPC’s last) in the thinking that getting the car in the UK before end of October will alleviate some of the tariff risk.

I’ve gone full circle on the colour scheme having seen a very smart Night Blue go out on handover while I was there.

Provisional spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSXN9W3

I love the Pebble interior and without kids (yet) I think I can handle keeping it clean. The Agate upper parts I’ll just have to be at peace with. I wear brown shoes, so why not have a brown dash?

Rest of the spec very similar (21s, PASM, Chrono, reverse cam and surround view, sport seats, pano roof). I’m slightly peeved to pay a further £1500 for the full leather package but that is required for the interior colour scheme and as others have said it does feel nice to have full leather.

Economies I have made: no Porsche crest on headrests, no comfort lighting, no tinted tail lights, no coloured seatbelts.

All of the opinions so far have been invaluable for a Porsche novice like me, so thank you and please keep them coming!
Lovely spec - really love the interior :) I'd add a heated steering wheel - it's a delightful option on a cold winter's morning :D
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,

Paul

Post by Paul »

Panthera wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:32 am
PWMacan wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:48 am Update two: the loan car persuaded me that a new Macan S is right for me. I’ve paid a deposit for a September build (apparently this OPC’s last) in the thinking that getting the car in the UK before end of October will alleviate some of the tariff risk.

I’ve gone full circle on the colour scheme having seen a very smart Night Blue go out on handover while I was there.

Provisional spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSXN9W3

I love the Pebble interior and without kids (yet) I think I can handle keeping it clean. The Agate upper parts I’ll just have to be at peace with. I wear brown shoes, so why not have a brown dash?

Rest of the spec very similar (21s, PASM, Chrono, reverse cam and surround view, sport seats, pano roof). I’m slightly peeved to pay a further £1500 for the full leather package but that is required for the interior colour scheme and as others have said it does feel nice to have full leather.

Economies I have made: no Porsche crest on headrests, no comfort lighting, no tinted tail lights, no coloured seatbelts.

All of the opinions so far have been invaluable for a Porsche novice like me, so thank you and please keep them coming!
Lovely spec - really love the interior :) I'd add a heated steering wheel - it's a delightful option on a cold winter's morning :D
+ if there’s a Mrs PW (or indeed a Mr) you won’t get sun visor illumination without the light comfort pack and fairly wishy washy yellow interior lights rather than nice crisp white LED, if any of that is important to you?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Looks lovely.. I would go for the Porsche crests on the seats.. I was going to but was too late.
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
adam b

Post by adam b »

T4LGO wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:42 am Looks lovely.. I would go for the Porsche crests on the seats.. I was going to but was too late.
Yep, its a small thing but I really like them - only about £200, or £300 front and back (which looks even better)
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
PWMacan

Post by PWMacan »

I agree that I want comfort lighting and Porsche crests but this options list is getting silly. Which one is going to be the straw that breaks the camel’s back?

I read such positive things about heated steering wheels but I have honestly never been bothered about it.
adam b

Post by adam b »

Heated steering wheel is definitely in the nice to have not must have list.

Would hardly ever use it, on the other hand I always notice the crests when I get in the car.

Mine had comfort lighting - never realised you had to spec this to get lights on sun visor mirrors - talk about stingy
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
ianst

Post by ianst »

PWMacan wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:09 am I agree that I want comfort lighting and Porsche crests but this options list is getting silly. Which one is going to be the straw that breaks the camel’s back?

I read such positive things about heated steering wheels but I have honestly never been bothered about it.
nice spec, we had a little play with surround view in the showroom and dropped it, £500 extra seemed better spent elsewhere.
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
rosino

Post by rosino »

A configuration is always going to be very personal but I think that the light package is pretty essential. Not having the curtesy mirror illumination would drive me nuts. Smoke package also a must to hide the hole in the console.

I personally have skipped the sports chrono package, no use at all on a Macan. You still have a sports button on the console remember. For me it does nothing useful. Had it on my 911s and GT3s but at least there’s some logic and track software is actually nice but on a Macan not sure I need to button to prime the car for overtaking. Sport button does that well enough.

I can’t understand how more active safety is not included as standard. I find it essential. At least the lane change warning.. not to mention collision prevention...

Further money can be saved on Bose. I had it in all of my 911s and to be honest not sure worth the premium over the standard setup which is decent enough. Others on the forum have had same experience.

Lastly 18way I think could be dropped in favour of 14way. Easier to get in and out of for a suv and most importantly side bolster less vulnerable.

Just my 2 cents. With the money you save on chrono and Bose you get active safety equipment that make it a 2020 car...
happy days

Post by happy days »

Just on the Google Maps not displaying on the dash - that's because it is an app and not part of the car's system as a whole. I find that when plugging the phone in that the carplay experience isn't as good for the telephone, for example, as the car's system. Plus you can't use the steering wheel buttons in the same way as when the phone isn't plugged in.

So in short, Google Maps is an app that displays on the PCM only.

Oh and +1,000,000 on the heated steering wheel. Best addition ever.
Macan S D
718 S
PWMacan

Post by PWMacan »

Thanks again for all the thoughts. As I approach lock down in a couple of weeks I am nearing my final spec.

Just wondered if anyone had any photos of a night blue Macan with and without the tinted rear LED light bar? I like the tinted bar but am undecided on whether the standard red bar works better with night blue!