Leather packages what’s the difference?

All your ordering information here!
Fusion1966

Post by Fusion1966 »

So there is:

Black leather package with partial leather seats - Leather lining on top side of dashboard, centre console storage compartment lid, seat centres, seat inner bolsters, front side of seat headrests, door panel armrests and door pulls in front and rear

Interior package in leather - Smooth-finish leather in interior colour: dashboard decorative trim, door decorative trims front and rear.

I assume the quality of the leather is different perhaps? Any other advantages of one over the other?
Macan S delivered 2nd Sept 19: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKNURCB9

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

You are quoting two different items, the “ interior package leather” would replace the standard piano black inserts. Other options are painted, walnut, brushed aluminium and carbon.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If you look at the Configurator and in particular look at the Partial Garnet (the right one of the two) then switch to the Leather Interior and again select the Garnet you can then clearly see what areas are leather and what are plastic in the Partial option

As MikeM advises the Interior Leather Package covers practically everything in leather of the same quality as the seating.

Standard Porsche leather is far better quality than Audi and Jaguar to start with.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
rosino

Post by rosino »

To be honest the second level up in terms of leather package misses the trick. They could have gone for leatherette on dashboard and top of doors. Similar to what bmw does. That way you remove a bit of plastic on the doors (keep lower section only) and save some money on the dashboard with leatherette.

Then leave the option of full leather if you want literally all surfaces covered like they do now.

As it stands now the half way mode still leave plastic doors which I find pretty poor.

I went for the full thing.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Fusion1966 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:25 pm Interior package in leather - Smooth-finish leather in interior colour: dashboard decorative trim, door decorative trims front and rear.
As Mike says, the above refers only to the bits of trim on the doors & dashboard that are usually piano black (shiny plastic) or can be aluminium, walnut or carbon. This option just covers these little bits of trim in leather, rather than shiny black plastic, aluminium, walnut or carbon.

I opted for this in my Carrera T. It was free of charge. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Fusion1966

Post by Fusion1966 »

Ok now get it thanks all
Macan S delivered 2nd Sept 19: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKNURCB9
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

At one of the Macan meets we had there was a member who had the full leather everything.

Everything was covered.

If the old grey matter remembers correctly their extras totalled something like £25k
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags