Limited buying power

All your ordering information here!
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

...and on a PCP deal, there's no residual for options built into the guarantee final value, so you effectively pay for them over the lease term, be it 3 or 4 years
Macan
Taycan Turbo

pmg

Post by pmg »

Alfanut wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:48 am Two dealers told me that the 1st thing they look for when pricing a Macan coming in is decent wheels and a sunroof. Without that they are (relatively) hard to shift & the price offered will reflect that.
A 2.0 on std wheels with no sunroof is maybe not the best idea.
Items like Pana Roofs come in and out of fashion. What is popular today may not be tomorrow. I always reckon buy the extra that suit your own needs rather than the next buyers.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Pano roof in a Macan, why do buyers specify one?

Easy to answer in my case, simply close the blind and you will find that inside a Macan is a dark oppressive place without a Pano.

3 years driving a Macan and the Pano has been open only once whilst on the move.

The blind is permanently open.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
adam b

Post by adam b »

Blind permanently open.

Often tilt the front if I am leaving the car in the sun which lets out the worst of the heat.

Occasionally fully open roof when driving slowly on a sunny day
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

pmg wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:20 am
Items like Pana Roofs come in and out of fashion. What is popular today may not be tomorrow. I always reckon buy the extra that suit your own needs rather than the next buyers.
I'd agree with that sentiment, I did not choose Pano, I though it was fine. If you personally feel the benefit the cost may be OK but you have paid £1.1k for it; first you need to enjoy it for the time you have it ;). if your dealer does not like it take it to another dealer, if you have wheels and roof they'll say the colour has gone out of fashion :roll: There have been previous debates about leaking, weight, and adverse C of G so there are always two PoVs.
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Extras will loose most of value over the first two or three years. Only very popular and obvious things like big wheels and pano roof will retain some value. The rest will be absorbed in the normal price.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

paulmac wrote:Thanks for the feedback. It appears that most would spend the 5k on wheels and an "S". Food for thought.

For my needs (I get my sportscar fix from the Cayman), a base Macan will be sufficient as it is replacing a diesel hatchback and I will probably go for middle ground on the wheels and stick with 19". This should give me a few thousand to tick a few extra boxes.

Paul
I always spec and buy a vehicle that I would be willing to drive until I retire and subsequently ride it until the wheels fall off!

However, if Cayman gives you a grin factor then 2.0L van might be just fine.

Still go and ride both 2.0-I4 and 3.0-V6, to see if you are happy to live with it for a # of years, or will you be swapping it in the near future (more costly proposition).
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts. It appeared that most prioritised large wheels but for me, with a limited budget, this was not possible.

The majority of my budget has gone on paint, 19" wheels, 14 way seats, sports exhaust tips (could not live with standard on base) and price increase on base. The rest was spent on adding small items that should really be on the standard vehicle. e.g heated seats, camera, fuel tank, smoking pack etc

Order now placed and looking forward to late summer delivery.

Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981
PWMacan

Post by PWMacan »

Congrats Paul - sounds very good to me with the essentials covered.