Collected Macan S

All your ordering information here!
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

So, now owned my S (PKA6KZU6 ) for just under a week. First impressions :

The build quality is outstanding. Everything feels like it is there to last. Really like the Dolomite Silver which looks a pale blue in sunlight. The 14 way seats are extremely comfortable and I don't regret the absence of the sports seats yet. The 20 inch platinum wheels set it off nicely

I came out of an X4 35d. That engine is rightly regarded as a peach but the S would at least keep up with it. Torque is lower but top end power is of course higher and it does sound nice although at low speeds it's uncannily quiet , perhaps too much so...

Personally I think the comfort setting on the chassis is too soft but sport 1 is fine and the handling is pretty astonishing. I could feel the drive shifting to the front in heavy rain but it always feels absolutely planted.

Fuel consumption is presently 21 but I expect a bit more as the engine is still very tight.

Compared to the BMW the infotainment is outdated. Porsche have a bit of catching up to do there. I also have to buy a SIM card for streaming rather than having it and a Deezer sub included. I do like the satnav screen though especially with the satellite mapping.

Well pleased so far. All the better not having to wait for it as it was in stock!

Rodders

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Congratulations and glad you like it.
Hopefully the Macan will fill the X4 35d shoes nicely! 8-)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
pjt1000

Post by pjt1000 »

Can you just not stream from your mobile phone connected via bluetoorh for spotify etc?

Nice spec, mine is similar but volcano grey. Similar experience and view to you. I have managed about 30mpg on decent runs e.g. over 100 miles