Delayed delivery to September

All your ordering information here!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Tracky wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:51 am Do the number plate changes really make any difference any more - I don’t think so.
There must be a marginal difference, but nothing significant.

Everything else being equal, a buyer/dealer/WBAC are likely to offer a bit more for a 69-plate car compared to an identical 19-plate car... :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

ianst

Post by ianst »

update from my opc saying same thing, no new news. Porsche still saying mid august
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
Fusion1966

Post by Fusion1966 »

Had an update that my car is in the country but Porsche UK are waiting for a COC date
Macan S delivered 2nd Sept 19: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKNURCB9
ianst

Post by ianst »

todays update:

As per my email back on the 2nd of the July we have now been informed that the clearance date for the Macan S models at the docks will be 16th August
Assuming this is the case the vehicles will then start to leave the docks and continue the journey to the UK
I will keep you posted with any further information but we are looking at really a collection date of the first week in September at this stage
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
DJB67

Post by DJB67 »

Ordered a Macan end of February 2019 and told it would be a late May delivery. Then told mid June. Still not arrived in the UK and apparently stuck at the port in Germany. Absolutely no indication as to when it will be released. Has anyone experienced the same/similar?
wizbang

Post by wizbang »

Yep. Ordered mine at the beginning of February 2019. Just called the OPC and told not to expect delivery before the end of August!
Damn. I forgot to ask him what year he was talking about. Now I'm worried he meant August 2020 ;)

I'm still being told it is because Porsche can't organise getting a Certificate of Conformity in time to be able to deliver a vehicle they knew they were going to make 6 months earlier!
Last edited by wizbang on Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy owner of a Mamba Green Macan S
DJB67

Post by DJB67 »

Thanks. Glad I am not alone, although sorry about your position. Really disappointed with the speed of delivery and lack of communication. Makes me feel that I am not getting the full story from Porsche.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I don’t understand why they are struggling now given how quickly others have come
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
garydtutt

Post by garydtutt »

hi

just registered after reading this thread as it rings so true and I'm not alone.

Ordered Macan 2 litre in early April. Wanted S but they quoted November. Is this thread just about S version as I had heard of delays for them when ordering regarding emissions?

I was called three weeks ago that it's in UK. Removed current cars personal number plate cancelled breakdown etc. I now have problems with residents parking.

My experience matches other posts except main dealer SE lied and now keeps saying it will turn any day but then saying still at German port.

10 days ago my porsche connect app activated. Shows VIN number but states silver not dark grey. Find my car feature says the car is in dealership car park! Going there tomorrow AM to activate the horn via app.

"There's a boat arriving tomorrow fingers crossed" was 4pm update.

Totally fed up. Can I cancel without losing deposit or going to credit card company and disputing none delivery of goods? I see above one chap cancelled. Rather keep my SL for the summer now. them buy a used S.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome, Gary.

Sounds like a deplorable service from your OPC.

If you cancel now, you may well lose your deposit, as the car is built to your spec.

Hearing the track record of your dealer, they might not be the most flexible in returning your deposit.

In some cases, a (full) deposit may be returned, if they manage to sell the car for at least what they were going to charge you.

I hope something gets sorted soon for you.

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018