Delayed delivery to September

All your ordering information here!
ianst

Post by ianst »

rosino wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:22 pm I think this concerns cars already produced too.. which is absurd.

I might cancel my car..
Can you cancel if its already in build? you would just join the back of the queue elsewhere though
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)

rosino

Post by rosino »

I think you can always cancel in this country to be honest. I once arrived at my dealer to order a 911 GTS and they and they had 911 Turbo sitting there with EVERY single option ticked down to Burmester and leather vents. Ordered by a chap who cancelled before taking delivery.

At the time they told me they just refunded the deposit and put it up for sale in the dealership “as it’s a very special car sir”.
wizbang

Post by wizbang »

Called my OPC to find out about my Macan S today (was due to start build on the 26th June) and was informed it is built and is sitting at the docks waiting for a Certificate of Conformity (CoC). He says that the OPC has taken all Macan S models out of their July revenue forecast and they are not expecting them to arrive in the UK this month.
He said that he wanted to give me a realistic expectation and that they are hoping for the date to come in, but it is unlikely :-(
Happy owner of a Mamba Green Macan S
happy days

Post by happy days »

I heard that there were a lot of post-production issues that needed sorting. This kind of confirms that. You'd think that things would be right after last summer's shut down. I wonder what Porsche did to warrant a four month closure and how other manufacturers got away with no shut down? Unless of course, the shut down wasn't really for WLTP issues?
Macan S D
718 S
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

Does this mean that all the Macan S already delivered will also have conformity issues and may be recalled?

What sort of post-production issues can they sort whilst the cars stack up at the port?

Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

who knows what the truth is???
happy days

Post by happy days »

No idea - i heard this while in the OPC getting the car tuner software updated. That was a few months ago.
Macan S D
718 S
pmg

Post by pmg »

paulmac wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:21 am Does this mean that all the Macan S already delivered will also have conformity issues and may be recalled?

What sort of post-production issues can they sort whilst the cars stack up at the port?

Paul
I read somewhere the WLTP tests tighten again this summer so there may be some retesting to be done. That obviously not affect existing cars where a conformity certificate has been issued.

I initially wondered whether this was about particular combination of options not yet being WLTP tested but they should be well into the production run that there has been enough time now.

I suspect cars held up at docks are not attached to battery chargers. I did wonder if some of the forum members who have had software issues could be related to cars sitting without charge for a long period before delivery.

I also wonder how all this affects those forums members who have been offered the 1st new turbos for delivery in early autumn. I note the appearance on Configurator and a formal announcement expected several Mondays ago has not occurred. As for those awaiting a new GTS.........
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

My SE has contacted me today regarding my S which was due in late July.

PCGB have informed him that first customer deliveries to the latest emission standards are expected in the second half of August.

But if it arrives late August presumably it would be sensible to wait until 1 Sept before getting it registered? Or do you lose as much on your trade in as you would gain by waiting for a 69 plate?
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
wizbang

Post by wizbang »

Why is this just a Porsche thing?
My son-in-law ordered a new BMW over a month after I ordered my Macan S and took delivery of it 3 weeks ago with no hint of WLTP or CoC concerns.
Why aren't BMW & Audi having the same issues?
Happy owner of a Mamba Green Macan S