Delayed delivery to September

All your ordering information here!
ianst

Post by ianst »

So nothing new in the way of news yet then.
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

chrisr111 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:33 pm I've had an update for my OPC.

Apparently the 2020 model year Macan S is awaiting its certificate of conformity dicumentation and Porsche are holding cars at the port until this comes through.

My car has been sitting at Grimsby since 1st July.

Chris.
They are all 2020 models according to my dealer so that sounds like an excuse !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
runningin

Post by runningin »

Told last week that my Macan was at Grimsby and be at dealership by this Monday with delivery to me on Thursday 18th. Advised insurer and organised short breaks for the following month. Phone call from OPC yesterday 12th and told that delivery won't be until mid-August at the earliest. I am absolutely livid that the car can get as far as the UK with imminent delivery and that the paperwork isn't complete. We are talking about a global car producer that can't get it's act together.
Asked OPC if I could have the use of a demo Macan/Cayenne to fulfil commitments but have been told none available which I find difficult to believe.
Does anyone have any further updates?
Thanks
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

You spoken to the DP?

The comment about them having spare cars is probably true these days
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
ianst

Post by ianst »

runningin wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:41 am Told last week that my Macan was at Grimsby and be at dealership by this Monday with delivery to me on Thursday 18th. Advised insurer and organised short breaks for the following month. Phone call from OPC yesterday 12th and told that delivery won't be until mid-August at the earliest. I am absolutely livid that the car can get as far as the UK with imminent delivery and that the paperwork isn't complete. We are talking about a global car producer that can't get it's act together.
Asked OPC if I could have the use of a demo Macan/Cayenne to fulfil commitments but have been told none available which I find difficult to believe.
Does anyone have any further updates?
Thanks
Which OPC?, I wouldn't be happy with that considering we all knew about the 1st or 2nd of July
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
rosino

Post by rosino »

I gave up. I asked if I could have something given the fact I had given up physical cars based on the expected delivery in July and baby arrival late June. Nothing. They said they couldn’t given big numbers of cars involved. I ended up having to cancel my car and find a used one.
Last edited by rosino on Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Dealerships won’t have spare cars just lying around....😂

BUT, depending on the length if delay Porsche customers services may offer a mobility solution by way of an enterprise rental if you need it.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
wizbang

Post by wizbang »

@rosini at least your OPC committed to a date when they thought you would have the car. My OPC has never given me a date. Even when I placed the order in the first week of Feb they were telling me I would get the car anytime AFTER late June. I tried a few times to get them to commit, but it's always been "You'll get your car when Porsche are ready to give it to you" (I've paraphrased what they really said :) )

This is my first Porsche and I've been buying new cars for most of my adult life. I have never had such a bad buying experience. Even my first Vauxhall Vectra buying experience was more informed and fun than the one I'm having with Porsche :(

I'm sure when I finally sit in my Macan and drive it away from the dealership I'll take a deep breathe and be a very happy person. Quickly forgetting about the crap buying experience, but I really thought it would be a lot better than this.

The last update I had was "Maybe you want to wait and take delivery on the 1st September as you'll get a better resale value". Does that date really make such a difference to the resale value of a Macan?
Happy owner of a Mamba Green Macan S
Fusion1966

Post by Fusion1966 »

buyers will be more likely to go for a more recent plated Macan so price will reflect this. Given we are getting close to new plates coming in Sept if my Macan doesn't arrive soon I'll be considering my options.

I've decided not to contact my OPC as I know I'll get frustrated with the lack of a confirmed date and therefore I will just wait until they contact me and take it from there.

I can also state that my buying experience with Audi, BMW and even Peugeot was a million miles better than Porsche. I was informed on a regular basis and even if there was no update the salesman at the dealer would call me out of courtesy. I think some of these franchised OPC's have become complacent and even arrogant. I would say this may be our own fault as we should complain more as paying customers
Macan S delivered 2nd Sept 19: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKNURCB9
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Do the number plate changes really make any difference any more - I don’t think so.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S