Delayed delivery to September

All your ordering information here!
DJB67

Post by DJB67 »

My order is for 2.0 so the issue is not just with the S. Communication from my dealer is near non existent. I have to chase them as they never proactively contact me. Would love to cancel if I wasn’t going to lose money. There’s a backstory here with Porsche which is not being shared with their customers.

ianst

Post by ianst »

DJB67 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:11 pm My order is for 2.0 so the issue is not just with the S. Communication from my dealer is near non existent. I have to chase them as they never proactively contact me. Would love to cancel if I wasn’t going to lose money. There’s a backstory here with Porsche which is not being shared with their customers.
phone porsche gb, see what they say?
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
garydtutt

Post by garydtutt »

Sorry for late response bit of a mare getting on again via tapatalk after activation.

Well the boat turned up in sheerness with my car. They want the remaining despoit paid in full...

So I hope you all get good news shortly.

They are "hoping" to have ready Friday PM. I'm down in Devon for week with the family Saturday AM so I hope it's the case.

Thanks to the forum got a great deal on GAP and a boot protector.

I don't need this stress (used next time) as first days off this year...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Fusion1966

Post by Fusion1966 »

Good news, let’s hope it is delivered in time for you holiday!

Hopefully movement on more cars now

I’ve emailed Porsche so let’s see if I get a response
Macan S delivered 2nd Sept 19: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKNURCB9
Taz

Post by Taz »

My dealer told me that he had called Porsche U.K. in Reading who stated that 400 cars were loaded onto the ship yesterday and it should land in the UK today. I am waiting to find out if mine was one of them.
Last edited by Taz on Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021
garydtutt

Post by garydtutt »

Taz wrote:My dealer told me that he had called Porsche Reading who stated that 400 cars were loaded onto the ship yesterday and it should land in the UK today. I am waiting to find out if mine was one of them.
I'm buying from Reading direct it's 5 miles from house.

rosino

Post by rosino »

The saga continues! Seems for some it might not be September after all.. who knows at this point.

I suspect they would not budge on the deposit as it’s the 2.0 and there’s a few hanging about in the network as it’s been out for longer and no doubt they would not want added stock if they already have some to sell.

The S might be a different story as there’s much less around so I guess they could take into stock and try to onsell.

Still. Good news the car is on its way. I gave up early in the game as I had imminent need of a car and had to find alternatives quick and fast
Fusion1966

Post by Fusion1966 »

Well received a reply from Porsche GB which doesn’t really say much

“We are aware of the need for the Certificate of Conformity information. However, I will contact my colleagues in our Vehicle Planning Department to ascertain more of an understanding to your vehicle order for your Macan, comm number Ax&@&@&&.

They will reach out to the Sales Executive at Porsche Centre Xxxxxx to confirm the current situation and he will contact you directly and provide you Porsche's position.”

Let’s see what proactive update I get from my sales executive
Macan S delivered 2nd Sept 19: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKNURCB9
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

“They will reach out to...”

I first heard that Americanism when I watched the US version of House of Cards. 🙄
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
garydtutt

Post by garydtutt »

Well more disappointment. It's somewhere in UK apparently but not Reading. For the main UK centre to have to guess I find surprising.

So my holiday driving around to see with friends and family in south west starts saturday. I guess it's the SL top down and answering where is it for week.

FYI A work colleague saw two transporters with Porsches this morning heading west on M3. So some are privileged.

Also if you picked up a silver macan today and live near Newbury race course and the vim ends in 38 with 40 miles on the clock. Nice flat! Two weeks ago my connect was registered with your car after a terrible user experience but then again if Porsche use Vodafone what can we expect. I'll try to get sorted but for fun I'll toot the horn at 3am tonight....

Thanks for all help and advice.