Delayed delivery to September

All your ordering information here!
pmg

Post by pmg »

wizbang wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:42 pm Why is this just a Porsche thing?
My son-in-law ordered a new BMW over a month after I ordered my Macan S and took delivery of it 3 weeks ago with no hint of WLTP or CoC concerns.
Why aren't BMW & Audi having the same issues?
BMW have restricted the no of options and hence variations in a car by moving to packages.
One of the reasons this year I purchased a Porsche rather than a BMW.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

VW prioritised getting Audi cars tested ahead of Porsche?
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Paul

Post by Paul »

More likely as per pmg above; Audi and BM only offering “pack” cars with little or no options whereas Porsche still offer a gazillion different permutations, each and every one of which seems to need an individual mpg / emissions test.....
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
wizbang

Post by wizbang »

It's a shame they don't offer packages and individual options and tell you at the time of configuration that if you go for individual options your car could be delayed by months.
I know I would have gone for a package option if I had known that I'd have to wait over 6 months to get delivery of my car.

Then again, perhaps if VW hadn't lied about the emissions of their cars we wouldn't have this problem...
Happy owner of a Mamba Green Macan S
Fusion1966

Post by Fusion1966 »

Did my Porsche experience day today and asked a few questions in relation to this

You are right about Porsche options impacting conformity testing, he said the same thing. Any option impacting co2 emissions in all combinations must be tested

The shutdown last year was to get the factory ready for taycan production, nothing untoward there

He didn’t have any information on delays to the Macan unfortunately
Macan S delivered 2nd Sept 19: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKNURCB9
pmg

Post by pmg »

wizbang wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:59 pm It's a shame they don't offer packages and individual options and tell you at the time of configuration that if you go for individual options your car could be delayed by months.
I know I would have gone for a package option if I had known that I'd have to wait over 6 months to get delivery of my car.

Then again, perhaps if VW hadn't lied about the emissions of their cars we wouldn't have this problem...
Porsche tried the packages with the initial facelift base Macans last Autumn and they ended up with unsold cars at dealers they had to discount!!!
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
wizbang

Post by wizbang »

Wow! I keep forgetting its a Porsche I'm buying.
I'm new to Porsche and I was "converted" as soon as I sat in the Macan driving seat in the OPC. I love how different the buying process is and the importance of buying your own "unique" version of the car. I just wish it would happen faster. Especially now I know my car is built, but sitting in a giant parking lot some where in Germany 😖
Happy owner of a Mamba Green Macan S
Fusion1966

Post by Fusion1966 »

I asked the instructor to take me around the track at the end of my experience day. Just incredible how well it handles when in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing. Really has made me extremely happy with my choice and options
happy days

Post by happy days »

Fusion1966 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:38 pm

The shutdown last year was to get the factory ready for taycan production, nothing untoward there
I thought the electric models were being built on a completely separate production line?
Macan S D
718 S
Fusion1966

Post by Fusion1966 »

they are but apparently the work has still impacted the macan production line last year