Brexit impact

All your ordering information here!
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

All

Did not ask what he meant..... asked what evidence he has??
I have a mahogany gen 2 and love it. My local OPC does not seem to thing its a problem. I guess its a little irrelevant to me as i do not intend to sell it.

Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

GMAN75 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:28 pm
Yeah, I'm not sure this holds up. You've basically said you haven't read the terms and conditions of sale, made up your own on the understanding of what someone told you, someone who hasn't the power to bind the entity selling you the car, and you think that your idea of what the terms are takes precedent. I wouldn't be confident holding onto that position. The terms of contract are what binds a deal. Unless you specifically apply to have your email added as an appendix to the contract, and referred to in the contract, you're winging it.
No, it’s not that I’ve made my own mind up regarding the T&C’s, the OPC (& not an individual) has said one thing and the standardised paper work slightly contradicted this. This required clarification, which I had verbally but preferred in an email. As the dealer said, if they were not sensible & pragmatic business would simply stop. The ‘brexit’ note was effectively an advisory.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I have spotted the same thing... sales person was more accommodating with the deposit/cancellation, then the actual contract.

I simply scratched out the inflexible part from the contract, in-line with the sales person’s explanation, we both put our initials next to it and I paid the (now refundable) deposit.

IMHO that the pre-sales contract is more to do with fixing the specs and making an emotional commitment, then a legally binding agreement. I understand that legally one can return the car within a month of purchase with full refund, and the dealer would be unwise to play hard and enforce the contract.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

All
Did not ask what he meant.....asked what evidence he has