Gen3 Glasscoat

All your ordering information here!
RK27

Post by RK27 »

Hi all.
So some advice would be appreciated. I am working through whether i should get Gen3 Glasscoat applied from the Dealer. They assure me it is a great product and that the application procedures are robust I’ve done some research and it looks pretty good....but this is mainly from owners of Lexus , Suzukis etc. Does anyone on here have any recent experience?
Also if you are good enough to reply what are your opinions on gap insurance and tyre and alloy insurance at the following prices...
Gen3 - £399
gap insurance - £599
Tyre and alloy - £550
Sold 2005 Boxster S
Sold 2007 Cayman S

Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

RK27 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:25 am should get Gen3 Glasscoat applied from the Dealer.
gap insurance - £599
Tyre and alloy - £550
No
On the question of the various options of making your car shinny - save your money and enjoy applying any one of many excellent products that do that job.
On the question of gap etc., insurance - know that whatever you pay, half of it goes the SE in commission,
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

90% of the cost of all three goes in the sale persons pocket.
PaulMacan

Post by PaulMacan »

To me gap insurance is worthwhile because you could be looking at a big difference between the replacement cost of a car and any insurance pay out. ALA will give you a much better quote than the OPC.

Tyre and alloy cover is expensive. You could replace a tyre and repair an alloy for that figure.

Macan S - loved and sold - PHJZAJA8
Current- Macan GTS - PHVF1HX0