Cayman S to a Macan S options

All your ordering information here!
jamundo86

Post by jamundo86 »

Hi all - had my 987.2 Cayman S in for a service this weekend & had a (£67k with options!) Macan S as a loan car for the weekend, which me and the partner both enjoyed. We've baby feet arriving early next year so will need the extra seats & have a couple of questions which hoping someone may be able to help with.

We both prefer the more supportive 18 way seats - has anyone any experience of these with baby seats at all & likewise with the rear side airbags?

90% of Macan's seem to have the black interior - any particular reason for this? I tend to prefer lighter interiors and am leaning towards the Mojave Beige, with or without the pano roof.

Coming from a Cayman I was slightly underwhelmed with the exhaust sound - naturally a Macan isn't a full on sports car but the sound is something I'd miss slightly. Doesn't seem to be many comments on PSE with the latest WLTP engines so hoping to get a drive in one with it to see if it's worth the money. Anyone got any experience?

OPC South London indicated ~2month wait which seems pretty reasonable so trying to nail down a final (& reasonable) spec before placing a deposit. Have read a lot about specs & options on here - have spec'd one up (PL8BCMD0) - always grateful for comments!

Thanks, James

Zinzan

Post by Zinzan »

Hi James. That's a great spec - very similar to my Macan which was also night blue with the beige/black interior. I would suggest you consider adding surround view rather than just the reversing camera, and perhaps losing sports chrono (which is great in my Boxster, but I'm not sure of the point in an SUV unless you are a hooligan!}. Otherwise that's pretty much what I would go for if speccing one again.
Gone: Macan S petrol
Gone: Boxster S:
Now: 911 (991.2) Carrera S
Zinzan

Post by Zinzan »

Forget to mention - you might also consider the smoking package - for £38 you get a nice cover for the hole in the centre console. The storage pack is also worth considering as there are no seat pockets without it.
jamundo86

Post by jamundo86 »

Thanks Zinzan, good to hear! How did you find the black/beige interior - any particular issues keeping clean, would you spec the pano roof again with the lighter interior? Sports Chrono is a nice to have I must admit and a mix of the aesthetics as well as functionality. Surround view is another I'm considering - the problem is where to draw the line!
pmg

Post by pmg »

Nice spec. I have surround view and Sports Crono on my 2019 Macan S. SV I use a lot. It makes manoeuvring a Macan in tight spaces a lot easier. Apart from the centre clock, the one aspect of Sports Crono I use a lot is the steering wheel mode switch and on balance, I would order ot again.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Looks a nice spec

I’m finding the more miles go on the car the more noticeable the PSE is

Like sports Chrono it is hardly essential on a SUV
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Zinzan

Post by Zinzan »

jamundo86 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:59 pm Thanks Zinzan, good to hear! How did you find the black/beige interior - any particular issues keeping clean, would you spec the pano roof again with the lighter interior? Sports Chrono is a nice to have I must admit and a mix of the aesthetics as well as functionality. Surround view is another I'm considering - the problem is where to draw the line!
I didn't have any problem keeping the interior clean (mine was Luxor Beige rather than Mojave), but I didn't do a huge mileage before swapping the Macan.. I wasn't that impressed by the pano roof - it certainly brightens the interior but we were disappointed how noisy it was in use. Having said that, others say it is important for resale value....