Start Saving Your Pennies Boys & Girls

All your ordering information here!
lgb1969

Post by lgb1969 »

A month in with my new MY20 Cayenne and have some bad news for you all....
Heads up display and Nightvision will be on your want list when they add the spec to the MY21 Macan
So start saving those pennies or alternatively just refuse to get in a car that has these options on it as it will end in your bank managers tears

Air suspension is also a revelation - the minute you give it some heavy right foot treatment it lowers the suspension to the lowest mode automatically to improve handling - not sure that is a massive requirement on a Macan but on the Cayenne it definitely firms things up.

Them there is some black magic that you're all going to want...
MY20 Cayenne E-Hybrid S - Quartzite Grey Metal
MY17 Macan SD - Volcano Grey (Sold on)

Caster

Post by Caster »

I’ve heard of HUD and Air Suspension but that Nightvision thingy is new to me - will have to check up on it👍

PS...glad you’re liking the Cayenne👍
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
stallturn

Post by stallturn »

Glad you're enjoying it. A couple of questions:
- Have you been told with certainty that the MY21 Macan will have a Head-up display?
- When are the next year models announced, and when might any MY21 production hit these shores?
lgb1969

Post by lgb1969 »

@stallturn - nothing definite but with a heavily predicted Mk2 Macan in MY21 including an all-electric model I would be surprised if they don't have the new big screen layout and 5 driver info area dashboard that support the NightVision/IntelliDrive.
Others will have more reliable rumours about launch dates so would expect them to chip in further information but from my last two purchases you tend to see a brochure at the end of May - updates to the online Porsche configurator in July and the first units arriving in the country in October. Newcastle told me my car was the first HUD they had seen as I had taken the slot of their first MY20 Cayenne demonstrator.
MY20 Cayenne E-Hybrid S - Quartzite Grey Metal
MY17 Macan SD - Volcano Grey (Sold on)
jk88

Post by jk88 »

Had night vision on an Audi A7 I owned before my Macans - found it really distracting and never used it. Fortunately it was the previous owner who specced it as it was a complete waste of the best part of £2k :shock:
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
VanB

Post by VanB »

Had HUD in a Panamera loaner recently and was very impressed with it. I would definitely spec it on a future car.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
pmg

Post by pmg »

VanB wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:56 am Had HUD in a Panamera loaner recently and was very impressed with it. I would definitely spec it on a future car.
I had a HUD on my previous BMW, although I would spec it again if available, I have not missed it as much as I thought I would.

The one major item I have missed and which one can not yet spec on a Macan is Matrix lights. The ability without dazzling him to put light either side of a car travelling on a country road well under the speed limit increases the safe overtaking opportunities.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

pmg wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:27 am
VanB wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:56 am Had HUD in a Panamera loaner recently and was very impressed with it. I would definitely spec it on a future car.
I had a HUD on my previous BMW, although I would spec it again if available, I have not missed it as much as I thought I would.

The one major item I have missed and which one can not yet spec on a Macan is Matrix lights. The ability without dazzling him to put light either side of a car travelling on a country road well under the speed limit increases the safe overtaking opportunities.
Agree on both points, had both on my AMG class

Don’t miss HUD at all and can’t see it coming to current Macan.

I have matrix on 992 but not as good as AMG
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Agree on the HUD. Disagree on the night vision. I wouldn’t trust looking at the small screen and therefore not having my eyes where they should be. Only played with it for a day or two in the loaner before I discounted it, so maybe perseverance is the key with it?
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Didn't really like HUD on the test drive we had when buying my wife's M135i. Because it was forced on you as part of the Tech pack I decided not to spec the pack. Can see HUD being good for sat NAV directions but given I don't use nav a lot it would mainly be there flashing the speed in front of my eyes which I found quite distracting and annoying. Wasn't for me.