Start Saving Your Pennies Boys & Girls

All your ordering information here!
abcya

Post by abcya »

Porsche East London (Beckton) currently has a Cayenne S with lots of extras including HUD and a basic Cayenne with no options at all. I had both as loaners in the last month due to work on my 2015 Macan S (brakes replaced and then a gearbox leak spotted required the second visit). So a £57k car and one that would cost about £25k more.
Options are of course personal choices, but getting to feel the difference really helped me understand what makes a difference.
e.g I REALLY missed seat heating and reversing camera.
I certainly NOTICED the difference with basic suspension (even on 19" wheels) compared with the S having 21" wheels, but air suspension.
HUD was useful, though I'm unlikely to use the in-built nav much, so it's just having the speed indicated at a better position
I PREFER having a sunroof and comfort lighting.
I didn't note much difference in basic v comfort seats. Steering wheel heating....mmm, not as important as it is for seats!
New to me was Apple Play. Waze worked better on it than I've seen in other cars, so that's positive (it's part of standard spec though now I believe?)

Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

I have a HUD on my current BMW 5 series and wish I could spec it on the Macan. I have a new BMW on order and added the HUD as I find it very natural and really miss it when I drive a car without it. It takes a while to get used to it, but once you have it is very useful.