Am I missing something?

All your ordering information here!
j20eyk

Post by j20eyk »

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum and the Porsche brand but as a bit of petrolhead I am pretty keen to join the club. Previously had some pretty nice motors but have just reluctantly sold my Giulia Quadrifoglio. Absolute pride and joy :cry: (before you ask the reliability was impeccable :lol: ). First child arrived a few months ago and as my other half has a Tiguan its just made sense (practicality wise) to go on days out in that, rather than the Giulia. The Giulia was used for the commute once the little one was born. Felt like a waste of a good car and money paying for it to sit there! So my thought process is to get a good sporty SUV so I can enjoy it when I am out on my own or commuting but also as the practical family transport.

I am not in any rush particularly to get my hands on a new motor as there are other cars I can use but I would prefer to get something sooner rather than later. I have looked into ordering new but also going the used route. I have had a good look around the forum and I am aware residuals are very good but how the hell are OPCs asking the same money (give or take 1 or 2k) for used (facelift) Macan's that are months and months old with a chunk of miles on the clock as they are for a brand new one? Are these cars likely to drop a good chunk in price soon or is this just the way Porsche operate? I just don't quite understand it.

This one 'https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/Macan-S-119385' at Bolton for example. Yeah, the spec looks decent but its 9 months old with a fair chunk of miles. Surely that is not far off what it was brand new.

Oh and btw, I have not been for a test drive yet but I feel I need to 100% decide if I am doing new or used first. I don't want the OPC to think I'm wasting their time. The seat options are the only thing really messing with my head, so I need to see those in person.

PLBICQG0

Cheers
Joey

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Re OPC pricing, often more expensive than independent’s and if your buying a nearly new you will still have full warranty remainder. Suggest you set your budget/spec and go enjoy some test drives. That’s what they are there for. Also a personal opinion on best seat for comfort and access “14 way comfort” although most used cars will have the sport seats which do look good but those high bolsters 😳🤐
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
pmg

Post by pmg »

Is not this a development of the market when there was a long waiting list for Macan slots with up to 18 months from order to delivery with strong demand for nearly new. At present that does not appear to be the case and OPC's seem to be offering a UK order to delivery time of about 3 months even for Turbo's and GTS's.

I have not priced to accurately the Bolton OPC car but looking at the spec (full leather and big wheels) new on-road I thought it would have been about £62K to £64K. On trade-in they probably offered about £52K for a £58K sticker price. Feedback here and elsewhere is that sticker prices not currently being achieved.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Keep it simple and given you are coming from a high performance nice handling Alfa you should maybe concentrate on just GTS or Turbo models, maybe Turbo PP if buying used. The GTS comes with great 8 way sports seats which are more than good for most people.

GTS has a bit more performance over the S but crucially better handling and a load of “extras”
included in the standard spec car and looks so much better to me. Turbo you will need to add on quite a bit to get a nicely specced car. The Turbo and GTS are all now available in the
facelift cars so you have a world of choice depending on your budget. To many of us on here the facelift has added so little to the mix that we don’t see it as a worthwhile upgrade but different of course to a new owner and very much depends on your budget.
Seventy Seven

Post by Seventy Seven »

Yep, if only one car, then a Macan GTS should do nicely! Obviously give the S and Turbo a go too and decide on what best suits you/your needs.

Enjoy.
Current:
997.2 C2S, Meteor Grey, PDK (with paddles), PSE, Sports Chrono, etc.... (2009)
Macan, Volcano Grey, 21” RS Spyder Design Alloys (2020): http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVB2FZ0
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Also, don’t take the OPC prices as read. When I was in the market back in June my budget was £50k and my local OPC offered me a red 18 reg car that was just shy of £54k for £50k, that is a massive discount, especially for the time of year. I think it was because they were struggling to shift the car as most do not like red and I think it was lacking a few important options.
I ultimately bought a two year old car for £42k which has virtually every option box ticked and when it reached three years old last month I just added two years of Porsche warranty. I have to say the car does not feel or look three years old and I think that is the case with most Macan if they are looked after.
Personally, especially this time of year, I would go for a used car and add the warranty when the time comes. I saw a stunning GTS for sale today, only 20k miles with great spec for £46k at an OPC, so £44k may bag that one and you’ll get two years warranty thrown in.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
j20eyk

Post by j20eyk »

pmg, my thoughts exactly on the pricing. When the waiting list is long I understand they can command a premium but that isn't the case currently so the used market must surely be stagnant for them at those prices.

I do consider the GTS a pretty well priced Macan compared with the S due to some of the options included but the majority are not really things I am fussed about. Coming from the Alfa, I'm not expecting any great miracles on the driving front but the Macan is there best there is that fits all my needs. Maybe the way the GTS drives will sway it more that way for me but so far I have been delving into the S. The more I think about it, the more I do need to get on some test drives! The Turbo is out of my price range especially if there are a good chunk of extras required to spec it. I haven't even looked at it.

I assumed the OPC used prices were just as set in concrete as the new OTR prices, I am aware from the talk on here that discounts/freebies are very hard to achieve. If used ones are flexible in price it will be worth another look.

Thanks for your insights and experiences everyone, it really helps. Sorry about the waffle, I don't post often on forums for that very reason! :lol:
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Even Porsche are not immune to the laws of supply and demand so never say never is a Porsche discounted. I have just bagged a mega discount on a new Cayenne simply because the British imported brought a batch of them in to beat the October Brexit deadline that didn't happen and now there being off loaded as zero millage demos. As long as you don't end up paying above the true market price you'll have done ok. When you pay list price at a time others are getting a 10k discount the trade in value a few years down the road is going to be painful.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I’m confused!

Are you have the Tiguan and Macan or is Macan replacing both.

Why do you need two small suvs?

Welcome by the way and good to hear the Alfa was reliable - we did you with the idea of the stelvioQ before buying Macan, Mrs loved the engine sound And performance but didn’t like interior and had concerns over reliability.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
j20eyk

Post by j20eyk »

The Tiguan will be going when I get a new motor and then the other half can have something smaller, more car like probably. The original reason why she got the Tiguan no longer applies and it was cheap. The Macan will be my daily and the family transport.

I loved the interior in the Giulia, a little different, well designed imo and all the competitors in that segment have a screen slapped on top of the dash and I hate that! That isn't the case with all the Stelvio competitors though and just personal preference. The Macan certainly gives the impression of being more premium as soon as you sit in it. My only issue in the Macan is with amount of blank buttons and I certainly don't have the budget to fill them all.