Gen 2 GTS Ordered

All your ordering information here!
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

kmacuk wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:31 pm My GTS is not due until April (Jealous) - will need pics on arrival and would be great if you could give thoughts on the drive, particularly the exhaust with GPF vs your current gen 1. We have a GPF on our 718 and its sounds pretty good, better in fact than the non GPF car we test drove actually.
As they're using the same engine and turbo set up, I'm rather hoping that the sound will be similar to the Turbo. It'll be a disappointment if it isn't because the noise the current GTS makes is one of the joys of driving it. :lol:

I'll let you know how I get on...
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)

adam b

Post by adam b »

JohnP wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:49 pm You're absolutely right about the black contrast thing drawing one into ticking extra boxes; get rid of the roof rails and the black handles and mirrors seem unnecessary. Then there's the "Sport Design Package painted in black"... (Just a minute, I could save myself fourteen hundred quid here.. :shock: )
Or £400 and extended leather ;)

The tops of the door cards are so in your eyeline it would really bug me being plastic
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
Am89

Post by Am89 »

JohnP wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:02 pm
Am89 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:18 pm I’d go with black roof rails, adds aggressiveness imo. Also I prefer body coloured door handles, think black ones look tacky unless the cars black. Have u considered a Red GTS?
Yes, I nearly went for red, but eventually decided against it (the same thing happened with my current GTS). I also thought about Mamba Green, but I'm not sure I could live with it in the long term. The red looks fabulous when it's clean, but on a typically dull, damp English winters day, my personal preference is for a lighter colour.
You’d be surprised how nice a red car looks even on typical damp days - my old mk5 golf gti was red and I loved it, always looked good and esp when it was clean. As you say, lighter colours always look good no matter the weather
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

I have a problem with the special colours that are the same the free solid colours, but at a £1675 premium; I would only ever spec metallic paint (black or white too) as at least for the extra cost you get something more than a free solid colour -plus a clear coat, both give the softer water based paint a bit more protection and a depth to the colour in good light. The Carmine looks great in pictures and the showroom lighting, in dull light I am not so keen and it has a shade of red I a personally am not keen on. We previously had a Tango red TT and it looked great and a premium Audi pearlescent, we really wanted a Porsche equivalent of this, so it moved us away from Guards red and Carmine-, as both solids.

Why are there no metallic reds in Porsche colours? Why are "special" paints solid and at a huge premium? Just for exclusivity - then with red it’s a must you contrast in black accents - another cash cow for Porsche - very clever :)
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Yes I too am disappointed in the limited choice of metallic colours. I have Rhodium silver now and want a change of colour. So it's come down to Sapphire blue, which is a bit bright 8-) , but other than the exorbitant Porsche paint- to-choice route, nothing else appeals.

I do not garage my cars and live in a rural area with muddy lanes in winter. So dark colours do not work for me as they get dirty again so quickly. :evil: Also a light colour is more visible in daylight on these twisty and in places single track roads.

The Rhodium silver metallic finish has been very resilient and cleans up a treat. Just hope that I can live with the Sapphire on my new GTS.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Paul

Post by Paul »

👍 for Sapphire 😊
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

SAC1 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:10 pm I do not garage my cars and live in a rural area with muddy lanes in winter. So dark colours do not work for me as they get dirty again so quickly. :evil: Also a light colour is more visible in daylight on these twisty and in places single track roads.
If only they offered Racing Yellow as a standard paint choice (as they do on the 911 & 718) ;)

Nothing more ‘visible’ than Racing Yellow :D

Yes, the one at Silverstone is Speed Yellow and was once owned by a forum member. :geek:

FEAC8CCC-B667-47AD-AF28-E9C507A269DA.jpeg

DC58B19F-AB68-48B9-9BD5-10BA87694A4D.jpeg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Thanks for all the input, guys.

I'm already reconsidering some of the options and will post a final spec when it's locked down later this week.
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)
ggm31v

Post by ggm31v »

Stunning! Great Build :)
Scottchp

Post by Scottchp »

Can’t wait to see some of the new GTS models from forum members when they arrive. I’ll give it another year before considering one once I’ve had a chance to drive one and see how other people are putting them together. It’ll also give me time to start dropping subtle hints with the missus..😬
Fun ICE car - TBC...I’m working on it!!
Daily Grunt - 2020 Peugeot e208 GT
SOLD - 2017 Macan GTS
Volcano Grey, Air, 21” Turbos, Pan Roof, Carbon Interior and a few more luxuries...