Gen 2 GTS Ordered

All your ordering information here!
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

Tracky, I have just ordered a BMW with laser lights so I will let you know how they compare. They look great turned off!!!

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Dave777 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:50 pm Tracky, I have just ordered a BMW with laser lights so I will let you know how they compare. They look great turned off!!!
I’m not quite sure what they are but the sound cool

I assume you can just laser nuke slower cars in front of you out of the way !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:03 pm
JohnP wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:06 pm
PaulR wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:09 am

The original GTS came with Xenon headlights as standard. The upgrade to LED was a relatively small cost, and that also threw in PDLS Plus. The upgrade was worth it. As well as the vastly increased functionality, it gave the car a different look.

The facelifted GTS comes with LED PDLS (in black) as standard. All the upgrade does is add the 'Plus' bit which only adds a small amount of functionality, as described above. The headlight looks exactly the same. So you wouldn't upgrade for cosmetic reasons.
Thanks for the clarification, Paul.

As I recall, on my current GTS, it was the upgrade to LEDs which particularly interested me. I live out in the sticks and most of my journeys are on unlit B roads, so LEDs were a must-have for me.
Unless you have defective night vision, LEDs are never a 'must have option'. I live in the sticks too and my Turbo's xenons are more than adequate for any driving situation.
Is that "adequate" as in: "the Macan S is more than adequate for any driving situation, so why buy a Turbo?"
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)