Gen 2 GTS Ordered

All your ordering information here!
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Well, the time has come to change the GTS and I've managed to secure an early build slot on the new Gen 2 version. The car should leave the factory by 27th February, with delivery scheduled for mid March.

I've got a couple more days to make a few final adjustments before lock-down, but this is the spec I've come up with so far:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLZ94VV4

I'm still not sure about the roof rails (I don't have them on my current GTS), the same goes for the black door handles and the black sport design mirrors (although definitely sticking with the sport design style). Apart from that, everything else is staying...

Fingers crossed that the new engine is as good as the spec sheet suggests and that the car proves to be as much fun as my current model..
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Nearly £74k! Wow, that’s a big spec! Looks great! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Kevthegas

Post by Kevthegas »

Fantastic spec.
I would say def keep the roof rails.
2018 GTS
1993 968
1985 944
Seventy Seven

Post by Seventy Seven »

Nice spec!

I think the black handles and rails work given the silver/black theme. I probably wouldn’t go for either myself though.
Current:
997.2 C2S, Meteor Grey, PDK (with paddles), PSE, Sports Chrono, etc.... (2009)
Macan, Volcano Grey, 21” RS Spyder Design Alloys (2020): http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVB2FZ0
adam b

Post by adam b »

Nice spec

Think the black mirror underside and door handles look good, I am not a fan of roof rails unless you really need them.

And not a fan of silver Macans, make that car volcano and it would be probably how I’d order a GTS :)

For Gen 2 do you still have to spend £1000 for interior leather package to get bits of dash and door tops in leather? So glad mine has that
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:19 pm Nearly £74k! Wow, that’s a big spec! Looks great! :)
Just can't stop ticking those boxes, Simon... :lol:
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

adam b wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:23 pm Nice spec

Think the black mirror underside and door handles look good, I am not a fan of roof rails unless you really need them.

And not a fan of silver Macans, make that car volcano and it would be probably how I’d order a GTS :)

For Gen 2 do you still have to spend £1000 for interior leather package to get bits of dash and door tops in leather? So glad mine has that
Thanks, Adam

The roads around my village are more like farm tracks, so I avoid any dark colours as the car looks filthy after just one journey. I do think the car looks good in Volcano, though..

Yes, you still have to cough up extra for the "extended leather" if you want the fancy bits. :shock:
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

I had the same choice to make and decided not to go with rails as I was looking for cleaner sport lines rather than the more utility look of an SUV - both worked. I also had the same choice of the black classic wheels and changed to Turbo wheels; once you get drawn into the black contrast thing, the options list starts climbing, so I stayed with exterior colour on the side blades and sport design mirrors.

My better half (and detailer) not a fan of black handles, both thought they look stuck on as an afterthought, if you had black side blades then keep all horizontals black - blades, handles, roof rails so get why they would be good to add too. When we visited our detailer he was working on a Crayon, with similar design logic to what you are doing (with rails & Handles) in silver. Maybe this will help I think it looks great.

Crayon.JPG

Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

kmacuk wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:37 pm I had the same choice to make and decided not to go with rails as I was looking for cleaner sport lines rather than the more utility look of an SUV - both worked. I also had the same choice of the black classic wheels and changed to Turbo wheels; once you get drawn into the black contrast thing, the options list starts climbing, so I stayed with exterior colour on the side blades and sport design mirrors.

My better half (and detailer) not a fan of black handles, both thought they look stuck on as an afterthought, if you had black side blades then keep all horizontals black - blades, handles, roof rails so get why they would be good to add too. When we visited our detailer he was working on a Crayon, with similar design logic to what you are doing (with rails & Handles) in silver. Maybe this will help I think it looks great.
That's extremely helpful, thanks. The configurator is ok, but it's always good to see something "in the flesh" as it were..

You're absolutely right about the black contrast thing drawing one into ticking extra boxes; get rid of the roof rails and the black handles and mirrors seem unnecessary. Then there's the "Sport Design Package painted in black"... (Just a minute, I could save myself fourteen hundred quid here.. :shock: )
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

My GTS is not due until April (Jealous) - will need pics on arrival and would be great if you could give thoughts on the drive, particularly the exhaust with GPF vs your current gen 1. We have a GPF on our 718 and its sounds pretty good, better in fact than the non GPF car we test drove actually.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)