Gen 2 GTS Ordered

All your ordering information here!
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Thanks, Peter

I've got the pebble grey belts on my current GTS and they've survived reasonably well, but the driver's side is starting to look a bit grubby, now. The crayon ones are even lighter, which is what worries me.

My hobby is clay pigeon shooting and I'm afraid gunshot residue and gun oil take their toll on light coloured seatbelts.
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)

kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

JohnP wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:58 pm Been a bit busy, recently, and haven't had a chance to get back on the forum, but just as an update, the final spec I decided on was: PLBT3XT5

I've lost count of the number of times I've altered the spec! :roll: Even after the final lock-down, I was STILL unsure about the crayon seatbelts (having crayon stitching on the extended leather is fine, but I worry about keeping the belts clean in the long term - why did Porsche drop light grey from the GTS options?). But fair play to my OPC, they've offered to swap them for standard black if I don't like them when I see the car.

The car is due to leave the factory in 4 days time and delivery should be around the second week of March.

Getting excited now... :D
Excellent, silver was my other colour option, exterior colour sport design mirrors and no roof rails :) sport classics on silver looks great, was another debate I had on mine before going 911 turbos.

If I had not constrained my budget this would have been very similar to what I would have chosen.

Mine is due 3rd week of March and going straight to the detailer from delivery (no touch by the dealer), PPF & ceramic, will take around a week, so won’t see it until the end of March.

Expect lots of pics and a 1st impression write up would be great to further build my excitment :)
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

kmacuk wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:29 pm
JohnP wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:58 pm Been a bit busy, recently, and haven't had a chance to get back on the forum, but just as an update, the final spec I decided on was: PLBT3XT5

I've lost count of the number of times I've altered the spec! :roll: Even after the final lock-down, I was STILL unsure about the crayon seatbelts (having crayon stitching on the extended leather is fine, but I worry about keeping the belts clean in the long term - why did Porsche drop light grey from the GTS options?). But fair play to my OPC, they've offered to swap them for standard black if I don't like them when I see the car.

The car is due to leave the factory in 4 days time and delivery should be around the second week of March.

Excellent, silver was my other colour option, exterior colour sport design mirrors and no roof rails :) sport classics on silver looks great, was another debate I had on mine before going 911 turbos.

If I had not constrained my budget this would have been very similar to what I would have chosen.

Mine is due 3rd week of March and going straight to the detailer from delivery (no touch by the dealer), PPF & ceramic, will take around a week, so won’t see it until the end of March.

Expect lots of pics and a 1st impression write up would be great to further build my excitment :)
You won't be getting the big presentation at your OPC, then... :lol:

What parts of the car are you having the PPF applied to? I considered it for my current car, but decided it was too expensive, however, having picked up a number of stonechips on the bonnet and a couple of marks on the N/S sill where debris kicked up from the gutter, I'm re-thinking that decision for the new car.

As for ceramic coating, I had a detailer apply the SiRamik APT system to my current GTS and that has lasted really well, I think I'll go the same way with the new one.

I'll try to post pics and some first impressions as soon as it arrives.. :D
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

We got the full reveal when we got our Cayman with the same detail; our detailer is less than 5mins from the OPC, so they dropped off on arrival from Germany then collected when done and placed in the showroom with the full covered reveal,, they will do the same again.

Going full front PPF in Expel (had a partial bonnet a couple of cars ago and did not like the line mid bonnet) to roof line plus both sides (Inc side blades & black piano trim). Will then have Fenylab self heal ceramic coating applied, including the wheels - .not cheap, but neither is the car or extras, this is just like another extra tick box. Our 718 looks as good as it did day one, with zero swirls and no stone chips, so we are sold on PPF/ceramic.

Not heard of the coating you mention, there are so many, brand normally driven by the detailer and their preference, previously ours used Gtechniq then migrated to Fenylab so we have too.

Looking forward to pics and your first impressions
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Thanks for the pointers on the PPF. I may well go for that, this time.

Fenylab also looks interesting (not heard of it before), but unfortunately there are no accredited installers in my area, so it looks like it'll have to be SiRamik again.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

PPF from new on my car also. Did front bumper, part bonnet, mirrors, bottom part of doors, sills and side blades and a few bits behind wheels. Been a brilliant job as the car has remained immaculate. Well worth doing and for me it was a pretty low cost.
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

Great build.

I see you have ordered...

LED main headlights in black including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)

The spec seems to list these as standard, but it lets you add them? Do you know what they add?

Thanks
Paul

Post by Paul »

I think LED are standard; the option you describe is the black finish and the PDLS plus which swivels the headlights in corners, lights up the fog/ sidelights at junctions etc.

(Click on the “i” alongside the option on the configurator for a full description)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Below is a quote from the GTS "Standard Features":

LED main headlights in black including Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) with static and dynamic cornering lights, speed-sensitive headlight range control, adverse weather function, dynamic range control and 4-point daytime running lights

I think the Plus just adds a linkeage to the Sat Nav and illuminates the cornering lights automatically rather than waiting for you to turn the wheel. You also get the auto dipping of main beam. I've not had that in my Porsches as it drove me up the wall in my last Mercedes.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

On-Track wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:54 am Below is a quote from the GTS "Standard Features":

LED main headlights in black including Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) with static and dynamic cornering lights, speed-sensitive headlight range control, adverse weather function, dynamic range control and 4-point daytime running lights

I think the Plus just adds a linkeage to the Sat Nav and illuminates the cornering lights automatically rather than waiting for you to turn the wheel. You also get the auto dipping of main beam. I've not had that in my Porsches as it drove me up the wall in my last Mercedes.
I asked this question at time of build too. You are quite right PDSL+ in black included with GTS and you have this other option selected which apparently gets you the internals in black. The standard GTS presumably replaces the outer chrome with black. So it makes the black sound lights darker again by reducing the silver parts inside the lights themselves - could not see one on any car in showroom so passed

"LED main headlights with same functions as PDLS in distinctive design. Selected internal parts differentiating in black. Same function and geometry as LED main headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)

We have PDSL+ on our 718 and find them excellent on the unlit country roads we drive (£1400 option on a Cayman), but we had matrix on our TT and needed good lights and the LEDs were a must. The dynamic range control seems to do the job until the last min when the lights auto switch off unlike other systems that just auto dip. The round the corner function is subtle unless on a major tight bend.