Gen 2 GTS Ordered

All your ordering information here!
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

Thanks Kmacuk. I sort of assumed it was some thing like that. Always difficult spending £75K on something you haven't seen!!!!

PaulR

Post by PaulR »

These are all the headlight combinations on the facelifted Macan:

- LED headlights - standard on Macan and Macan S
- LED headlights with PDLS (Silver) - standard on Macan Turbo
- LED headlights with PDLS (Black) - standard on Macan GTS
- LED headlights with PDLS Plus (Silver) - optional for Macan, Macan S and Macan Turbo
- LED headlights with PDLS Plus (Black) - optional for Macan, Macan S, Macan GTS and Macan Turbo
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

Thanks Paul. What is the difference between normal PDLS and the Plus one?
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

I found it......

What is the difference between PDLS and PDLS Plus?

Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus has two added functions. First, at speeds higher than about 40 mph, the dynamic main beam will turn on and detect oncoming traffic and vehicles in front of you. The light cone’s intensity and range are adjusted depending on the surroundings. Secondly, Intersection Assistant turns on the electronic cornering lights to adjust the broadness and length of the light cones, which increases the visibility of the vehicle’s surroundings.
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Yep, just some extra black bits. :shock:

I must admit, this one was one of those situations when I really should've taken more care over reading the spec. :oops: I seem to recall that on the first generation GTS I had to tick the PDLS+ box and that was fixed in my mind at the time.

That's my excuse, anyway..

Oh well, all I can say is that they'd better look flippin' good... :lol:
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Dave777 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:24 pm I found it......

What is the difference between PDLS and PDLS Plus?

Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus has two added functions. First, at speeds higher than about 40 mph, the dynamic main beam will turn on and detect oncoming traffic and vehicles in front of you. The light cone’s intensity and range are adjusted depending on the surroundings. Secondly, Intersection Assistant turns on the electronic cornering lights to adjust the broadness and length of the light cones, which increases the visibility of the vehicle’s surroundings.
Yes! That was it!! I KNEW there was a reason I ticked that box :roll:
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

JohnP wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:39 pm I must admit, this one was one of those situations when I really should've taken more care over reading the spec. :oops: I seem to recall that on the first generation GTS I had to tick the PDLS+ box and that was fixed in my mind at the time.
The original GTS came with Xenon headlights as standard. The upgrade to LED was a relatively small cost, and that also threw in PDLS Plus. The upgrade was worth it. As well as the vastly increased functionality, it gave the car a different look.

The facelifted GTS comes with LED PDLS (in black) as standard. All the upgrade does is add the 'Plus' bit which only adds a small amount of functionality, as described above. The headlight looks exactly the same. So you wouldn't upgrade for cosmetic reasons.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

PaulR wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:09 am
JohnP wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:39 pm I must admit, this one was one of those situations when I really should've taken more care over reading the spec. :oops: I seem to recall that on the first generation GTS I had to tick the PDLS+ box and that was fixed in my mind at the time.
The original GTS came with Xenon headlights as standard. The upgrade to LED was a relatively small cost, and that also threw in PDLS Plus. The upgrade was worth it. As well as the vastly increased functionality, it gave the car a different look.

The facelifted GTS comes with LED PDLS (in black) as standard. All the upgrade does is add the 'Plus' bit which only adds a small amount of functionality, as described above. The headlight looks exactly the same. So you wouldn't upgrade for cosmetic reasons.
Thanks for the clarification, Paul.

As I recall, on my current GTS, it was the upgrade to LEDs which particularly interested me. I live out in the sticks and most of my journeys are on unlit B roads, so LEDs were a must-have for me. However, I really like the automatic high beam function which is, for me, probably worth the extra £320, alone.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

JohnP wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:06 pm

As I recall, on my current GTS, it was the upgrade to LEDs which particularly interested me. I live out in the sticks and most of my journeys are on unlit B roads, so LEDs were a must-have for me.
Unless you have defective night vision, LEDs are never a 'must have option'. I live in the sticks too and my Turbo's xenons are more than adequate for any driving situation.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:03 pm
JohnP wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:06 pm

As I recall, on my current GTS, it was the upgrade to LEDs which particularly interested me. I live out in the sticks and most of my journeys are on unlit B roads, so LEDs were a must-have for me.
Unless you have defective night vision, LEDs are never a 'must have option'. I live in the sticks too and my Turbo's xenons are more than adequate for any driving situation.
Agree Xenons have always been good but LEDs do raise the bar significantly again and then add matrix happy days.

Not sure how good BMW’s laser lights are on top of that.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S