Porsche PCP calculations

All your ordering information here!
stallturn

Post by stallturn »

To all those who have Porsche PCP deals.
I am considering buying another Macan, a Turbo, and because I think used values for ICE cars will tank in the next few years I might finance the car on a PCP deal.
My question is about the Guaranteed Final Value (or Optional Final Payment) within such a deal. Is it based on the base price of the car, or the fully-loaded on-the-road price? In the Porsche UK finance example for the Macan, the Optional Final Payment is 64.5% of the on-the-road price. Can I use this figure to do my approximate PCP calculations for an options-plus Turbo?

MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

stallturn wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:32 pm To all those who have Porsche PCP deals.
I am considering buying another Macan, a Turbo, and because I think used values for ICE cars will tank in the next few years I might finance the car on a PCP deal.
My question is about the Guaranteed Final Value (or Optional Final Payment) within such a deal. Is it based on the base price of the car, or the fully-loaded on-the-road price? In the Porsche UK finance example for the Macan, the Optional Final Payment is 64.5% of the on-the-road price. Can I use this figure to do my approximate PCP calculations for an options-plus Turbo?

The PCP GFV is usually based on the base price, I wouldn't expect it to change with the options you put on.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Paul

Post by Paul »

^^
Like Arif says, options play little part in the underwriter’s residual calcs..
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Some options may have some residual value while others will add nothing. Something like a pano roof likely adds some value as it makes the car more desirable in the trade.

When I bought my M135i i added the Plus Pack which costs £1500 but increased the residual by about half that price. On the old 1 Series adding sun pro glass actually reduced the monthly payment as it added more than its cost to the final value. Odd one that as can’t see a used car being worth any more with sun pro glass than one without.
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

stallturn wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:32 pm I am considering buying another Macan, a Turbo, and because I think used values for ICE cars will tank in the next few years I might finance the car on a PCP deal.
The finance company will take into account any chance of ICE cars tanking in their quotation. They're in this game to screw you out of loads of money. There's only one way you can gain, and that's if the finance company seriously miscalculates. And even then, they need to screw up by a sizeable margin given how much money they will make from you.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Thats was exactly my thinking, the finance companies job is to ensure they dont take the hit so my thinking was if they give a GFV of 65% thats good enough for me to buy; PCP was going to take my £65k GTS to a total payable of £77k. I decided to self finance and am saving £10 in interest charges plus I will have nore nogotiating abilities at trade time vs a PCP return
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Why do feel you have more negotiating ability at car change time with a self financed car rather than PCP. The car is worth whatever it’s worth no matter how it was initially paid for and at that stage of no interest to the dealer how it was paid for as it’s just either they pay you for the car or your finance company.
j20eyk

Post by j20eyk »

Do PFS actually guarantee the future value or is it just a balloon payment? I haven't read it anywhere that they guarantee it as such. I thought manufacturers were moving away from the guarantee due to the future in alternative fuels being so unpredictable.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Paul

Post by Paul »

The final payment on a PCP is optional; pay it and keep the car if the value is superior, don’t pay it and hand the car back if it is inferior. So not a guarantee as such but still a safety net if that’s what you are looking for (albeit you are paying for the privilege)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Generally a PCP has a walk away option but other offerings that look like PCP may be a balloon so you owe the money no matter what. Clydesdale are used on here by many and are a balloon but they make that very clear at the outset and generally with Porsche residuals being strong it’s not an issue.