New GTS spec advice

All your ordering information here!
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Dave777 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:59 am I have firmed up my spec, got to a big number. I got to see a new Carmine GTS yesterday while at the dealers. It looks amazing.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLQBF691
I am just back from the OPC, our car is now in the UK so getting close now, will be at detailer for 4 days on arrival so pickup will be towards the end of the month.. He mentioned a few things that might be of interest to those looking to get into a GTS:

Road tax from April will have a 1st year cost of £2080, I think was what he said, for all Porsches - ooch! Thought £1280 we paid was bad enough.

The silver GTS demo I saw less than 1 week ago getting prepared, that I went to see in the showroom today sold the day they put it into the showroom, apparently that should not have happened as it was a Porsche provided demo car only. He advised they will not see another demo car, or any GTS until at least September or October.

When I placed my order 2 days after announcement in mid December there were no GFV figures available, they tell me that the residual on the GTS is so high its now better than an S and payments are lower - 4 year GFV is set at £36k+, which is pretty huge, I think £29k for the same S when I looked into it in December.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

pmg wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:02 am
Do not let those who have not had a car with or tested a car with the "the thermal/noise glass" talk you out of it
+1. It was only when I had a loan Macan on 20" wheels but standard glass that I realised just how much tyre roar the insulated glass cuts out.

Every option is a matter of choice but for me this is a must have.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

Thanks pmg, the customer one they had was very nice indeed.

Hoping for mid to late September which the AD said was tight on their current allocation. We paid a deposit last month as have a Range Rover Sport which goes back then. It is a great car actually!!! The dealer said Corona Virus may mean he can get one sooner now as China isn't buying so GB may get some of their allocation.

I have spent hours on the spec and it kept increasing even when I took PTV and thermal glass off (do I need to put it back now!!). I need the 18 way seats as want we need memory for seats, steering wheel and mirrors as my wife and I are very different sizes. Also the road tax WLTP will add £855 to the cost grrrrrrr.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Dave777 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:51 pm I have spent hours on the spec and it kept increasing even when I took PTV and thermal glass off (do I need to put it back now!!). I need the 18 way seats as want we need memory for seats, steering wheel and mirrors as my wife and I are very different sizes. Also the road tax WLTP will add £855 to the cost grrrrrrr.
You can have 14 way seats, which also have memory. It just comes down to whether you want the adjustable bolsters of the 18 way.

The 18 way seats are supremely comfortable but the side bolsters get in the way during entry and exit.

You mentioned the thermal glass. Just to be clear, the GTS has thermally insulating glass as standard. The choice is whether to pay extra for the noise insulating laminate. For me the noise reduction and break-in resistance make it a worthwhile choice.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

Thank you Peter, I will look at that again for the security mainly.

My wife seemed to like the grippy bolsters in the 18 way seats and they look more sporty for a GTS too! Hopefully we both stay slim and agile enough for them to be a good choice!
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

kmacuk wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:21 pm Road tax from April will have a 1st year cost of £2080, I think was what he said, for all Porsches - ooch! Thought £1280 we paid was bad enough.
From 01/04/2020 first-year road tax is based on a car's WLTP emissions rather than NEDC ones. Not many people know this and Porsche is still misleading customers by only publishing the "NEDC-equivalent" values on their website.

The Macan GTS increases from £1,280 to £2,135 on 01/04/2020.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

I am getting my new BMW in a bit of rush to register it by 31st March as that goes up by £750 the next day. Same car same emissions! More tax grrrrr.
Scottchp

Post by Scottchp »

Ur car looks like a boss spec Dave. I have the alcantara in my GTS, but having the Pan roof does mean there isn’t much of it. That said, a lot of people comment on it when in the car and it deffo does lift the cabin. I also have the 18 way seats and the Entry & Drive and wouldn’t do without either. Yes the seats do give you a rub when getting in and out but they certainly keep you planted when ur in them. I can’t say I worry too much about theft with the keyless system but then I do live in a quiet area of Scotland. Air suspension is gr8 in my opinion, yes it may not be to everyone’s taste but I do have 21” Turbo wheels and some days I just need comfort and not dynamic handling which makes it ride on a cloud of air compared to our Mini Cooper S or my previous X6. The two things I don’t have which I would change if I bought the Gen 2 car would be the surround view camera and the heated steering wheel. Is Heads Up Display available yet? Had this on my X6 and loved it. Sure I read it was coming to the Macan soon as Cayenne’s have it already.
Fun ICE car - TBC...I’m working on it!!
Daily Grunt - 2020 Peugeot e208 GT
SOLD - 2017 Macan GTS
Volcano Grey, Air, 21” Turbos, Pan Roof, Carbon Interior and a few more luxuries...
pmg

Post by pmg »

Scottchp wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:58 pm Is Heads Up Display available yet? Had this on my X6 and loved it. Sure I read it was coming to the Macan soon as Cayenne’s have it already.
I suspect Heads Up display will not arrive until the EV Macan as on the Gen 2 Macan the coolant reserve is behind the bulkhead about where most other manufacturers would put the mirror for the HUD
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

Definitely no HUD available on the gen 2 sadly. I did ask. I would really like it. The surround view looks great to avoid kerbs and heated steering wheels are more important than any other extra!!! They are fabulous.

As this is our first Porsche I want to get it right and hopefully it will be the start of a long list of cars. I want to swap to a 911 when I retire.