New GTS spec advice

All your ordering information here!
pmg

Post by pmg »

Dave777 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:23 am Definitely no HUD available on the gen 2 sadly. I did ask. I would really like it. The surround view looks great to avoid kerbs and heated steering wheels are more important than any other extra!!! They are fabulous.

As this is our first Porsche I want to get it right and hopefully it will be the start of a long list of cars. I want to swap to a 911 when I retire.
The nice thing about the surround on the Gen2 is the rear camera as a washer jet on it and with the Macan picking up such much muck on the rear in dirty weather, it is necessary. I find it works but then I keep the washer reserve well stocked with Sonax fluid
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Dave777 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:23 am As this is our first Porsche I want to get it right and hopefully it will be the start of a long list of cars. I want to swap to a 911 when I retire.
Don’t wait until you retire!! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Am89

Post by Am89 »

Beautiful spec. Only thing I’d add would be the heated Alcantara GT steering wheel and carbon interior trim
Am89

Post by Am89 »

I’d personally change the colour to volcano grey and go for red interior / Alcantara
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

Definitely no full red interior! The car we test drive had it and my wife didn’t like it. My salesman said don’t get the Alcantara wheel as can get a bit flat after a while. So went for the GT heated one in leather. I did consider carbon trim but as it is my wife’s car really she liked the black aluminium as standard. And you can get carried away with adding carbon bits!

Thanks for the input, I so appreciate it and love these forums. I am getting a better car because of you!
RGS

Post by RGS »

Avoid alcantara steering wheels, after a few months the natural grease on your hands make them smooth and dirty. There is a way of cleaning them but after a few sessions the alcantara will wear, I speak from experience having had them on an AMG and my son has them on his 718 GTS. I have 21inch 911 Turbo wheels and Air on my Macan Turbo, I run the car on its lowest suspension setting as the wife is vertically challenged and it's easier for entry and exit, but compared to my AMG the ride is a world apart and the wife loves it.
ferrotty

Post by ferrotty »

On-Track wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:04 am
Dave777 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:51 pm I have spent hours on the spec and it kept increasing even when I took PTV and thermal glass off (do I need to put it back now!!). I need the 18 way seats as want we need memory for seats, steering wheel and mirrors as my wife and I are very different sizes. Also the road tax WLTP will add £855 to the cost grrrrrrr.
You can have 14 way seats, which also have memory. It just comes down to whether you want the adjustable bolsters of the 18 way.

The 18 way seats are supremely comfortable but the side bolsters get in the way during entry and exit.

You mentioned the thermal glass. Just to be clear, the GTS has thermally insulating glass as standard. The choice is whether to pay extra for the noise insulating laminate. For me the noise reduction and break-in resistance make it a worthwhile choice.
My first post on here after reading the forum over the last 3 weeks, looking to get a Macan S up to 2yrs old once returned to UK from Spain as have sold house, anyway the purpose of my post was to highlight from reading various posts on here that you can programme the third setting on your seat memory for exit from the car by moving everything down and away from you so you can get out of the car better, I may be talking through my rectum though.
Paul

Post by Paul »

^^
aka “comfort entry / exit” (only on14 or 18 ways)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
RGS

Post by RGS »

My Macan Turbo, 6 months and only 3000miles old is peppered with minor stone damage along the sill and side blades and hasn't been off road. Seeing how fragile the paintwork seems to be, I would avoid any sports design in gloss paint or side blades and sills if these vulnerable areas can retain the plain black plastic which is far less vulnerable to stone damage. Alternatively consider wrapping these areas to protect the paintwork. I never got stone damage to this extent on any of my Mercs, but I think their clear coat was pretty hard. Doesn't give me much confidence for the long term ownership I was intending.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

That gravel rash is a well known issue. Paint protection film down the sides from new is the answer. Thankfully I was told that before delivery and hence got my car protected from the first week.