New GTS spec advice

All your ordering information here!
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Rear heated seats are a nice little luxury and not too expensive. I'm assuming given you added rear side airbags you have passengers to carry and if so its a nice treat to find a heated seat rather than cold leather.

kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Lot of extras, great looking car. I agree with everyone else PVT and insulated glass would be things I would remove (you need to add privacy glass if you still want that).

The black lights: they do come with black surround, so you have the black accent thing. The option you checked is pretty subtle and apparently gives some inner black tinting, not sure if this is what you thought, I had to check when building mine.

Also agree on the "special paint" which is just the same base paint as the FOC black and white, but if it must be red you have to go with it; has to be metallic, particularly if I am paying extra.

I added the GT steering wheel and sport design mirrors and I think most add the smokers pack to cover the open section in the central console.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

MCDK wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:30 pm Go for the 21" Sports classics. They are a great wheel and ridiculously easy to clean. The 20s look a little too small to my eyes. Ride is also just fine with them and no air.
The 20" ones will give better handling. They also make the car look like a GTS - if that matters to you! A lot of people don't seem to realise that the GTS model is tuned to perfection. It's deliberately the sportiest Macan you can buy. If you mess about with the wheels, you start detracting from that. I disagree the 20" wheels look too small. The overall wheel size including the tyre is actually the same as the 21" wheel. And, given the wheels are black, the wheel and tyre will blend in with each other anyway.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Tyres and wheels never blend into each other and look the same. The 20" wheel looks smaller simply because it is!

It's amazing Porsche offer 21" wheels on the GTS if it spoils the handling so much, maybe someone should tell them before they get sued.
Ntense

Post by Ntense »

I delibertaed a long while over the wheels and suspension an my S and opted for air and 21's but woud gladly have gine for 20's had there been a design I liked as I believe the 20's to be the perfect compromise. I am aware of the unsprung mass with the large 21's as they hump into a pothole and that's with air, otherwise they're fine.

To my eye, the GTS looks right on the black 20' Spyders as the suspension is lower. I went and looked at many combinations to get it right and of the GTS models I passed my eye over, thiose sat on 20's looked perfect. The ride on air will also be wonderful. I you do opt for the 20' Spyders and clean your own car, get the 18" original Wheel Woolie which makes cleaning the Spyders a doddle.

Ultimately, it's all subjective and down to our individual preferences, try to look at as many cars in the dealerships as you can, I sed to pop into my supplying dealer every week or so to chesk out the new arrived stock, to see if I liked any combination particularly.

Good luck and remember the confuserator is your best friend in these times
adam b

Post by adam b »

Nice spec. I had a play and for exactly the same budget my changes:

Remove Carmine red - silly money and not my taste
Remove door entry - little benefit and security concerns
Remove thermo glass, keep privacy
saves £3000

Add Volcano Grey
Add much less fussy 21" SC in high gloss black
Add LCA
Add heated seats in rear (daughter loves them)
Add ventilated seats
costs £3000

perfect - oh and I really like alcantara headlining in my turbo even with pan roof, it is noticeable on A/B/C pillars especially A
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

MCDK wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:32 pm Tyres and wheels never blend into each other and look the same. The 20" wheel looks smaller simply because it is!

It's amazing Porsche offer 21" wheels on the GTS if it spoils the handling so much, maybe someone should tell them before they get sued.
I refer to the overall size of the wheel AND tyre. The 20" and 21" come to the same overall size. Note the same cannot be said of the 18" and 19" wheels, as these are narrower.

Porsche offers 21" wheels on their cars because there's customer demand for it. Almost everyone at Porsche seems to recommend air suspension as soon as you go to 21" wheels. Their press cars with 21" wheels nearly always have air suspension. In the rare scenario that the car doesn't, it doesn't get a very good write-up in the press. If I could be bothered, I'd find some reviews, but I'm sure you can google yourself.

Actually, as this clearly isn't based on scientific fact, but I'd suggest the in any model line-up, the second biggest wheel size is the best one! Regardless of the make/model, the press tend to give any cars with the biggest available wheel size a rather poor rating when it comes to dynamics, comfort, and handling.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

When new cars are developed their engineers optimise the wheel size for each specific model. This is invariably a smaller diameter than their Sales & Marking people want to see on their press fleet.

Audi and BMW, for example, then get poor ride quality reviews from the motoring journalists.

Other aspects of these bigger (than optimal) diameter wheels include being more susceptible to tram lining, pot hole bump-thump etc. Mainly because they run on lower aspect ratio (sidewall profile) tyre sizes.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

I think we will definitely have the 20" Spyder wheels so it stays looking like a GTS. Will probably have air for my wife's comfort over bumps though!

She said it has to be red sadly, as I can't believe the cost for a flat paint!

I am still unsure re the thermal/noise glass. I chose it for the security of laminated glass more than noise, but with a black interior and pan roof maybe the thermal properties may be useful?

What is LCA that Adam mentioned? We have ventilated seats now and hardly ever use them and I felt I had to have rear airbags in case of accidents!!
pmg

Post by pmg »

Dave777 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:32 am I think we will definitely have the 20" Spyder wheels so it stays looking like a GTS. Will probably have air for my wife's comfort over bumps though!

She said it has to be red sadly, as I can't believe the cost for a flat paint!

I am still unsure re the thermal/noise glass. I chose it for the security of laminated glass more than noise, but with a black interior and pan roof maybe the thermal properties may be useful?

What is LCA that Adam mentioned? We have ventilated seats now and hardly ever use them and I felt I had to have rear airbags in case of accidents!!
Do not let those who have not had a car with or tested a car with the "the thermal/noise glass" talk you out of it
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8