New GTS spec advice

All your ordering information here!
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

Hi all,

I am ordering my first ever Porsche, a Macan GTS for my wife to replace her Range Rover Sport.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PL67XWS9

Please can I get an expert eye placed over it?

I have some questions too, one being is Torque Vectoring useful for a car used on the road and no track days etc?

Is the Alcantara roof lining worth it?

I am sure I will find more questions so thanks in advance.

David

Paul

Post by Paul »

Welcome to the forum!
Wow! Big spec....nothing on there I disagree with (except possibly the value in the insulating glass, and I’d never pay extra for “flat”red😉😂)
I don’t believe you (or indeed Mrs Dave777 will really benefit from Torque Vectoring, the Alcantara is something which would be OK if you had left the standard interior .....personal choice....
World of difference from a RR Sport!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

As Paul has said, no need for PTV unless you want to track it. And I'd question over a grand for noise insulating glass when you have that glorious sports exhaust as a soundtrack. All options are a very personal thing though. I seem to have the only Macan in the World without a reversing or surround camera, that's just me. Then again, I did learn to drive many years ago when having a nearside mirror was an option :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

As already suggested, coming from a RR Sport you don’t need PTV you are going to think your glued to the road by comparison 😉. I would also drop the glass and entry & drive. Air isn’t needed on 20” wheels but I see you also have a tow bar, so I would keep it on. Re alcantara roof lining, very nice but not much of it with the pan roof taking up most of the area
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

Fabulous advice gentlemen thank you. We have the Alcantara roof in the RRS and I like it but it is a lot of cash when the pan roof covers most of it!

PTV seems a good thing to remove too based on our use. I was unsure re 20" GTS wheels vs the 21" Classic ones too? The RRS has 22" ones! My good lady wants a dog which another reason for air so she can lower the back end. I only added insulating glass as a last minute thing, more for the security of laminated glass than noise as I definitely want the exhaust note.

Similarly we have entry and drive on my other cars so went for it. The dealer thinks Porsche are changing the key fob to be one that goes to sleep so the signal cannot be grabbed from your house with a laptop?
FSB

Post by FSB »

Hi Dave
I'm in a similar position to you in as I've never owned a Macan before and my spec is fairly close to yours. Will be putting in an order shortly for a GTS, PLWV89T5.
A good starting point is to look up Nick Murray on YouTube. He has a clip which runs through all the options available on a Macan. Keep in mind that he will be referring to the American spec. Can't say I agree with everything he says but as mentioned, it is a good starting point.

I see that you have included LED headlights in black. Check out the standard spec, unless I have missed something these come as standard.
Try the 14/18 way seats over the standard 8 way before committing. Agree with the above comments about PTV, noise insulating glass and as for the alcantara roof lining, are you really going to notice it?

Autocar will be publishing a 'first drive' report on the GTS next week.
Nige

2016: Boxster 981 GTS in GT Silver
2020: Macan GTS in Crayon
On order: GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PR9P7VG9
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

Hi David,

Good advice already regarding PTV.
Re seats: The 8 way seats are great (unique to the GTS) and very similar to the 18 ways in fit. The 14 way seats (comfort) have a wider fitting

We are just about to change our Gen 1 GTS to A Gen 2 GTS
Just a couple of things we changed from our previous specification.

We have specced insulating glass. We do a couple of European trips a year with a roof box and three is quite a drone from the wind between the box and the roof. We also decided not to have the pano roof for the same reason.

The GTS handling is really sorted without air suspension. This of course is personal preference but imho the car feels more connected and involving.
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

Thanks. The dealer suggested air suspension for my wife to use. Roads here in Sussex are awful. If it was just me I would probably go for steel.

The salesman also said keep the GTS seats as they are part of a being a GTS? I have not tried any or test drove one yet obviously. The dealer had a basic new Macan in the showroom and a gen 1 GTS but that had different seats sadly.

I am hoping one will arrive before I have to tie down my spec. We need the car at the end of September due to a PCP running out.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Dave777 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:49 pm Thanks. The dealer suggested air suspension for my wife to use. Roads here in Sussex are awful. If it was just me I would probably go for steel.

The salesman also said keep the GTS seats as they are part of a being a GTS
I would agree with him on the seats and PASM is standard on the GTS
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Go for the 21" Sports classics. They are a great wheel and ridiculously easy to clean. The 20s look a little too small to my eyes. Ride is also just fine with them and no air.