New GTS spec advice

All your ordering information here!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Dave777 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:32 am She said it has to be red sadly, as I can't believe the cost for a flat paint!

What is LCA that Adam mentioned? We have ventilated seats now and hardly ever use them and I felt I had to have rear airbags in case of accidents!!
LCA = Lane Change Assist :geek:

I love Carmine Red and it’s a classic ‘GTS’ colour. I had it on my 2017 Panamera 4 and loved it! Yes, it’s a lot of money for ‘flat’ paint, but you could say that about many options, and arguably about Porsches themselves! ;)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

Very true Wing Commander. Red is fixed, the rest is up to me! Happy Wife, happy Life!
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Dave777 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:32 am I think we will definitely have the 20" Spyder wheels so it stays looking like a GTS. Will probably have air for my wife's comfort over bumps though!

She said it has to be red sadly, as I can't believe the cost for a flat paint!
The red paint is absolutely stunning, especially on a GTS. Red is Porsche's halo colour on most of their GTS models; it complements them very well. It works very well with all the black trim, and the black wheels. There's a facelifted red S in my area and it looks great - and that's not even a GTS.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

SAC1 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:44 pm When new cars are developed their engineers optimise the wheel size for each specific model. This is invariably a smaller diameter than their Sales & Marking people want to see on their press fleet.
Car designers and marketing departments love large wheels and low suspensions. Car technicians prefer slightly smaller wheel sizes and higher suspensions.

Press cars can therefore be quite intriguing. They need something that looks great in the photos, but the last thing they want are reports about compromised handling.

I've been a subscriber to various car magazines for 20-odd years. Cars with large wheels and/or sports suspensions have constantly come in for criticism as they don't suit UK roads. Audi s-lines have come in for a particular bashing. The magazines ended up sounding like broken records on the subject!

Interestingly, with electric cars, car technicians are now going in a different direction. Wheel diameters (including the tyres) are increasing so that they roll better. Also wheel widths are getting narrower to help. This helps battery range. However the large wheels no doubt compromise handling, and the narrow tyres will compromise grip when accelerating, braking and steering.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
adam b

Post by adam b »

pmg wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:02 am Do not let those who have not had a car with or tested a car with the "the thermal/noise glass" talk you out of it
would be interested to hear of the benefits.

I'd happily pay for wheel arch noise technology :) , main issue with Macan is tyre roar IMHO, though not quite as terrible as my 997
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

Interesting idea!

Our current RRS has tyres with foam inserts in to make them quieter. I wonder whether they do Porsche sizes. I did want all season tyres for ours like in Germany or USA but doesn't seem possible from the factory here sadly.
Guy

Post by Guy »

Dave777 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:25 pm I did want all season tyres for ours like in Germany or USA but doesn't seem possible from the factory here sadly.
I don't know about the US but there are no 'all-seasons' on the German configurator. I am not sure, but I don't think there are any N-rated, all-season tyres that meet the 3PMSF stipulation (meeting the legal requirement for driving in winter conditions in Germany). They used to fit Michelin Latitude Tour in UK and Germany as the 'all seasons' option, but these are only M&S rated hence only meet the new German winter tyre requirement with 'grandfather rights' if manufactured and purchased before 1 Jan 2018.
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

Thanks for the info Guy. It was M+S tyres I wanted not full winters. My info re the German site is a bit out of date too. I am a big fan of full snowflake winter tyres, my big rear drive BMW can be unusable in winter without the ones I put on it every year. I was trying to avoid having to change wheels on the Porsche. Our current RRS has all season tyres as standard and they seem to work well all year. I know the Macan is more sporty and road focused though.
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

I have firmed up my spec, got to a big number. I got to see a new Carmine GTS yesterday while at the dealers. It looks amazing.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLQBF691
pmg

Post by pmg »

Dave777 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:59 am I have firmed up my spec, got to a big number. I got to see a new Carmine GTS yesterday while at the dealers. It looks amazing.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLQBF691
Lovely car with a useable spec. At Goodwood 2 years ago the Porsche stand had a Carmine Red GTS and they look great with all the black setoff/contrast. When do you expect delivery? I will look out for it on the roads of Sussex
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8