Succumbed To Temptation - GTS On Order

All your ordering information here!
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

ScotMac wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:42 pm I had the alcantara roof lining on a loan car. It is very nice.
Agree, it looks fantastic, and particularly suits the GTS. Couldn't justify it myself, especially with most of the roof taken up by the sunroof!
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS

kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

On-Track wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:22 pm
kmacuk wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:48 pm
On-Track wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:31 pm Went for a test drive in a brand new GTS (18 miles on clock). Extremely impressed and now £3000 worse off. June build for 10 July delivery. Spec in updated signature.
Looks good another high spec no holds barred set of extras there :) June delivery is good, I heard our dealer wont see any more until Sept/Oct.

What impressed you most on the drive?
How does the sports exhaust sound now the gas filter fitted,

Mine got unloaded today at the dealers, I have never driven a GTS, test drove an S and base.

GT wheel, smokers pack and maybe spare wheel would be worth a thought?
Some others are buying 911s in the ICE last chance saloon :D , I've opted for a high spec Macan.

You asked what impressed me most: the handling on windy country roads. I thought my SD was good on windy roads but the GTS is in a different league.

Bearing mind I'm comparing the sports exhaust with a standard SD exhaust but it had a really lovely tone.

I'm probably risking fate by saying this but it has been 45years since I had a puncture requiring a wheel change at the side of the road. In any event at nearly 75 there is no way I'm changing wheels myself. Anyhow I had to stop ticking boxes or Paul would have had a valid point :D
Great to hear the handling sealed the deal, thats what swung me to the SUV I thought I would never buy; different league sounds brilliant :).

Our 718 sounds good with the GPF so good to hear the GTS still sounds good, another factor on the move to GTS.

I too thought spare wheel redundant, but £161 at time of order vs £500+ after on a £70k+ car - small price to pay. If you call Porsche assist they will change it for you, if you have a spare, if not you will get taken to an OPC, which is fine as far as it goes unless you have a flight to catch for example. I normally have a foot pump to resolve most tyre issues enought to get me to a garage, but thats not always enough.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Paul wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:47 pm 👍
That’s a massive spec! Are there any boxes NOT ticked?😂😂
Ventilated seats, rear heated seats?
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Kleynie wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:40 pm
Paul wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:47 pm 👍
That’s a massive spec! Are there any boxes NOT ticked?😂😂
Ventilated seats, rear heated seats?
Ventilated seats not available with Alcantara seat centres
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

Bose sound system would be good too?

I left off the alcantara roof due to the size of the sunroof and the cloth looked ok in the new Macans.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Congrats on new purchase

I think I’d rather have Bose over the sounding insulating glass, the cars are quiet enough as they are !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Thanks to everyone for their comments. Just goes to show that there's no such thing as a perfect spec.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

On-Track wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:53 am Thanks to everyone for their comments. Just goes to show that there's no such thing as a perfect spec.

:lol: It's one of the pluses and minuses of having so many options to choose from.
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)
FMR

Post by FMR »

Welcome to team Red!
Great spec. My comment, FWIW, the sports chrono and mode switch I think most people would “expect” on a GTS and if you plan to keep it for a few years, look at the tungsten carbide coated brakes. These are heavy cars to stop. The disc size is bigger at 390/356 compared to 360/330 with less dust and wear. If you’re undecided drive a New Turbo where they are standard.
New Macan Turbo Mar 20
991 C4GTS Mar 19
Macan TPP Mar 17 sold
Macan GTS Mar 16 sold
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

FMR wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:45 pm Welcome to team Red!
Great spec. My comment, FWIW, the sports chrono and mode switch I think most people would “expect” on a GTS and if you plan to keep it for a few years, look at the tungsten carbide coated brakes. These are heavy cars to stop. The disc size is bigger at 390/356 compared to 360/330 with less dust and wear. If you’re undecided drive a New Turbo where they are standard.
Thanks for the input. This car is probably my last hurrah so it's very much specced for me not the next owner. I tried out the sports chrono on the demo car and was not that impressed. There was a thread on the forum some time ago where quite a lot of members with sports chrono admitted to hardly using it.

My winter wheels are 18" so having larger discs is not a route I want to go down. I've never had any problem with stopping my SD and I doubt the GTS is any heavier.

It would be a boring old world if we all liked exactly the same thing and Porsche wouldn't need a configurator :D .
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel