Succumbed To Temptation - GTS On Order

All your ordering information here!
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

The reason I'm having Sport Chrono is to have the 'sport' button on the steering wheel for ease and speed of access / no eyes off the road compared to the centre console offside button position. This is the one thing I find irksome in my current SD.

Having an extended test drive in the 2.9 Turbo with SC decided it for me.

The minor reason is having a clock in the centre of the dash. I'm used to this convenience with the Compass that I currently have (and to break up the dash expanse).

I doubt I will use the launch control aspect of Sport Chrono.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I've found out today that my car is now scheduled to enter the build stage on 3 July. Delay is much less than I was expecting.

As I posted on the 2021 MY on the Configurator thread, I have had to change my spec as Traffic Jam Assist is no longer available. I've also weakened in the face of all your arguments in favour of Sport Chrono and my final (or at least latest :lol: ) spec is in my signature.

Current scheduled arrival at the dealership is 8 August. If that turns out to be correct, I'll probably wait until September. For both my previous Porsches I took delivery on 22 July. It would be quite an achievement if I managed the same date three times.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
RGS

Post by RGS »

One of the biggest advantages of the Carbide Coated Discs is the almost complete lack of brake dust, plus claimed longer life and better brake performance. To me, not having to keep the wheels free of brake dust is the best advantage ever, plus my car lives outside and my heated windscreen means no more scraping windows in winter.
You have a great spec on your new car but the final bill is after taking into consideration the first vehicle tax is going to be about what I paid for my Turbo with 12K of extras (75K) . Only difference is mine was ex Demo, only 16 days from first registration with a few hundred miles on the clock plus a free G Technique treatment thrown in and Sapphire, the colour I wanted and spec 99% what I would have ordered new, an offer I couldn't resist.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Sounds like a good deal on the Turbo RGS, any pics of it?
RGS

Post by RGS »

I posted a picture in "Another Clean Macan". The offer was too good to resist, essentially over 7K discount for pre-registration and a few hundred miles on the clock. The only specs I would have added were Speed Sign Recognition and Power Steering Plus, minor things that I can live without or get retro fitted if I want. But all the important stuff is included and only one useless option I would have omitted, roll up sunblinds in the rear (despite having tinted widows) lol!
RGS

Post by RGS »

Macan.jpg

RGS

Post by RGS »

Extended Leather, Pano Roof, Air, Chrono, PDLS in black, Tinted rear, Auto Dimming, Privacy, 360 Parking, Heated W/screen, Seat heating F+R, Heated GT wheel. Comfort Lighting, Storage Package, Smoking Package, Porsche Crest F+R headrests, Carbon Interia
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

A beautiful Turbo! Black badges on the rear and no roof bars would be nice but otherwise great.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

RGS wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:31 pm I posted a picture in "Another Clean Macan". The offer was too good to resist, essentially over 7K discount for pre-registration and a few hundred miles on the clock. The only specs I would have added were Speed Sign Recognition and Power Steering Plus, minor things that I can live without or get retro fitted if I want. But all the important stuff is included and only one useless option I would have omitted, roll up sunblinds in the rear (despite having tinted widows) lol!
Lovely looking car. Finding just the right car is a combination of luck and patience.
Peter

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Well it's built :D :D . Heard from the OPC today and the car left the factory yesterday so now it's a matter of seeing whether it's a quick or slow journey to the dealer.
Peter