Sapphire GTS Just arrived

All your ordering information here!
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

So with Covid 19 moving fast we decided that waiting to go to the detailers next weekend was a bad idea, so we collected today (<1hr old).

Drove it 3mins to detailer and will see it in a week - hopefully able to drive it.

Porsche and all other car factories now shut down, so I am very lucky I got mine at all.

Dealer also advised they have had 10! cars cancelled since Covid and stock markets falling, including 2 Taycans - all lost their deposits.

Pickup1.JPG

Pickup2.JPG

Pickup3.JPG

Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Many congratulations. Great colour! Looks like you've got a great reg no. too. Be good to hear your driving impressions in due course.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
M30LEV

Post by M30LEV »

Great looking car, did you get it from Porsche Glasgow. Purchased mine from them and they could not do enough to make the car handover special. Will post some pictures soon and upgrades.
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

M30LEV wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:44 pm Great looking car, did you get it from Porsche Glasgow. Purchased mine from them and they could not do enough to make the car handover special. Will post some pictures soon and upgrades.
Yes Porsche Glasgow (Sean) and they are indeed very good, purchased both of our cars from them and can highly reccomend.

Will be good to see your pics too.
M30LEV

Post by M30LEV »

Hi I will post more as a new member but pic attached.

2019-09-26 21.55.16.png

20190928_125057.jpg

kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Nice, looks like new . I was torn between Spyders and Tubo 911 wheels, really wanted thm on our 718 so had to get them this time around.
What options does it have? I test drove a Volcano grey S - might even have been this one - liked it a lot :)
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Congratulations, kmacuk! You beat me to it in the end. :lol:

The car looks fabulous. Bet you can't wait to get it back from the detailers.

I'll admit to doing a bit of soul searching myself over the last couple of weeks. My business is in retail and the coronavirus, coupled with the stock market meltdown has caused more than a few sleepless nights. What was I doing buying a £70k + motor car at this time? Wouldn't it be more sensible to cancel the order and kiss my deposit goodbye?

But you know what? In the end I thought "sod it - you're a long time dead, so have the damn thing and enjoy it while you can". I collect it on Friday morning. Can't wait..!!

Incidentally, while I was at my OPC finalising all the paperwork, I had a look at the new Taycan - it looks very tasty in the metal. And they're taking bookings for test drives.... I wonder if I should put my name down...?? :twisted:
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

JohnP wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:30 pm Congratulations, kmacuk! You beat me to it in the end. :lol:

I'll admit to doing a bit of soul searching myself over the last couple of weeks. My business is in retail and the coronavirus, coupled with the stock market meltdown has caused more than a few sleepless nights. What was I doing buying a £70k + motor car at this time? Wouldn't it be more sensible to cancel the order and kiss my deposit goodbye?

But you know what? In the end I thought "sod it - you're a long time dead, so have the damn thing and enjoy it while you can". I collect it on Friday morning. Can't wait..!!

Incidentally, while I was at my OPC finalising all the paperwork, I had a look at the new Taycan - it looks very tasty in the metal. And they're taking bookings for test drives.... I wonder if I should put my name down...?? :twisted:
Thanks John. Agreed. lifes too short, live for the day, you only regret the things you didnt do.

Looking forward to your pictures (this Friday the 20th?) If yes not long :)

If your not going to do the detailer thing you might well be driving around before me - 1 week fat the detailer :( .
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

kmacuk wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:42 pm
JohnP wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:30 pm Congratulations, kmacuk! You beat me to it in the end. :lol:

Thanks John. Agreed. lifes too short, live for the day, you only regret the things you didnt do.

Looking forward to your pictures (this Friday the 20th?) If yes not long :)

If your not going to do the detailer thing you might well be driving around before me - 1 week fat the detailer :( .

Yep, the day after tomorrow, I'm pleased to say..

My detailer wanted me to drop the car off on the way back from collection, but to be honest, I need to have some fun in it first, so it's going in on 6th April instead. I'll post some pics before then, though.
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)
BrianwithPorsche

Post by BrianwithPorsche »

I've just taken delivery of a new 2020 GTS and the RFL was £1280. According to DVLA this would be £1305 wef April 2020. In the second to fifth year you pay an additional £320 ontop of the usual RFL, so this will be £465 or possibly £475 from next renewal. The Chancelleor can always change these of course!
2017 Macan GTS.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHKJMQ56 + full Gtechniq. Traded in.

2020 Macan GTS. http://www.porsche-code.com/PLMEYBT3