Volcano Grey GTS Ordered

All your ordering information here!
Jrankin94

Post by Jrankin94 »

Ordered the new GTS in Volcano Grey. Looking at an early April build if all goes well.

I have changed the spec a few times in an attempt to fine tune it without going over the top. I had a Macan S ordered but ended up cancelling my order when I saw the new GTS. The S had around 18k worth of specs on with lots of similarities to the GTS in looks and price so it was a no brainier really.

Here is my spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLBFT3J6

I have left out PDLS plus. More in confusion than by choice.

I have noticed a few people have also got confused about the PDLS plus lights description. It doesn’t really explain that it’s not just added black parts to the internal part of the light, which comes as standard, but it’s actually a slightly upgraded light, auto beam and auto dipping I believe?

I have also left out air suspension as I think the lowered steels are already good enough, and the airs can take out some of the sportiness from the ride of the car, which is why you buy a GTS in the first place.

Any spec advice would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what you think, as this will be my first Porsche!

kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Jrankin94 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:50 pm Ordered the new GTS in Volcano Grey. Looking at an early April build if all goes well.

I have changed the spec a few times in an attempt to fine tune it without going over the top. I had a Macan S ordered but ended up cancelling my order when I saw the new GTS. The S had around 18k worth of specs on with lots of similarities to the GTS in looks and price so it was a no brainier really.

Here is my spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLBFT3J6

I have left out PDLS plus. More in confusion than by choice.

I have noticed a few people have also got confused about the PDLS plus lights description. It doesn’t really explain that it’s not just added black parts to the internal part of the light, which comes as standard, but it’s actually a slightly upgraded light, auto beam and auto dipping I believe?

I have also left out air suspension as I think the lowered steels are already good enough, and the airs can take out some of the sportiness from the ride of the car, which is why you buy a GTS in the first place.

Any spec advice would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what you think, as this will be my first Porsche!
Nice spec and plenty of extras and pretty much spot on. Maybe the GTS 8 way seats instead of the 18 way, as these are specific to the GTS. I got confused on the PDLS+ too late, would have added had I known. No sure on the ioniser and maybe a spare wheel option, but your spec has lots of things I added and I also moved from S to GTS for similar reasons.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Lovely looking car. Would of gone for the grey myself if I hadn’t come from a grey car. Very stealthy and a lot of similarities to mine.
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

The best colour(but I’m biased) as our mk2 GTS arrives next week.
Agree with kmacuk, GTS 8 ways are excellent and the same shape/style as the 18 ways. I haven’t speced air either for the reason you mentioned
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)
Jrankin94

Post by Jrankin94 »

Thanks for the advice. Concerning the 8 way seats; The GTS 8 way and the 18 way seats and visually identical, the 18 way coming with a lot more ways to alter the seat and bolsters.

I am 6ft5 so having more options to alter the seat is essential. I have only seen the 18 way seats at the showroom, so couldn’t compare the two in person.

The Porsche factory is now closed for the foreseeable due to corona virus which will unfortunately halt production. This gives me the chance to possibly change a couple things about the spec.

I’ll be adding PDLS plus if possible. I really like contrast stitching as well. With the removal of the 18way seats to the standard 8 way seats saving £1200, seat stitching is something I could look into.

With so many options it’s hard not to click everything and go overboard!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLBFT3J6
Last edited by Jrankin94 on Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Am89

Post by Am89 »

Lovely spec, I’d defo add the PDLS+ Headlights as extra lighting is never a bad thing - the ones one my turbo are excellent. I’d also go for the 8 ways instead of the 18 ways (save some money). I’d keep the door handles in grey rather than black as well. As for air, I love it on my car - added comfort. But as your car is the GTS with the sportier susp setup and smaller 20” wheels maybe steel springs are best. Either way it’s a nice spec, congrats
Jrankin94

Post by Jrankin94 »

Am89 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:33 pm Lovely spec, I’d defo add the PDLS+ Headlights as extra lighting is never a bad thing - the ones one my turbo are excellent. I’d also go for the 8 ways instead of the 18 ways (save some money). I’d keep the door handles in grey rather than black as well. As for air, I love it on my car - added comfort. But as your car is the GTS with the sportier susp setup and smaller 20” wheels maybe steel springs are best. Either way it’s a nice spec, congrats
Thank you. Appreciate the advice. Do you happen to know the differences between the normal PDLS system and the plus?

Changing the seats to the 8 way is a possibility, they come as a no charge standard. With the money saved I could opt in air suspension. It was something I originally had spec’d on the car when I was going with 21” spyders but opted it out when I went with the original 20”.

I’ve done plenty on research on the airs and have been told by Porsche that unless you really need that extra comfort the air suspension is not necessary as the lowered setup with the steel springs is optimised for the GTS. I know that Porsche has it added to most if not all the cars tested in Portugal recently.

Black Handles are a feature I like having seen it on a Macan Turbo in the showroom. Think it fits nicely with the other various black parts.
jeffbco

Post by jeffbco »

In the US the only difference between PDLS and PDLS+ is that the + adds high beam assist - that's all otherwise the features are all the same.