Dolomite Silver GTS Has Arrived!

All your ordering information here!
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Rab J wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:17 pm
JohnP wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:08 pm
putt4par wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:01 pm Stunning car, The silver really pops under the lights, nice choice.
Thanks. Yes, the silver looks great when it's clean! :D
Great colour and hides dirt well, so always looks good. Sports classics suit it well and are also easy to keep looking their best, enjoy.
Thanks, Rab. :)
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)

Blobby

Post by Blobby »

What a beauty! Nice choice.....enjoy.
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

Congrats. Looks fantastic :) Enjoy!
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Looking good. How does the Dolomite Silver compare to the Rhodium Silver - much difference? Any more first impressions / comparisons to your previous GTS?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

SAC1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:56 am Looking good. How does the Dolomite Silver compare to the Rhodium Silver - much difference? Any more first impressions / comparisons to your previous GTS?

There's very little difference between the two silvers, tbh. The Dolomite has a little more blue in it, but you'd have to stand the two cars side by side to really notice it. I still love the colour, though, and I think it suits the car.

I took delivery just before lockdown, so it's stood under a cover on my driveway until last week. It's still only covered 200 miles on 'B' and unclassifed roads so it's probably too soon to offer definitive driving impressions, but it does seem that the new engine is smoother (more refined?) and it's properly quick too, however maybe it's my imagination (or poor memory), but the earlier car seemed to respond quicker to a prod of the accelerator at lower revs. That said, get the revs up and the turbos spinning and the Gen 2 absolutely flies - and in that respect the sport response button is a real benefit - but clearly I need to alter my driving style if I'm going to get the best out of the car. I don't think I'll have any problems with that :twisted: .

Handling wise, I haven't pushed it, but it seems as sure-footed as the Gen 1. It's fitted with Continentals instead of Michelins (which I really liked) but first impressions are good - the ride is smooth and quiet and they seem to hang on - in the dry, at least. Both cars were specced with air suspension and I enjoy the ride that it gives. For me, it has just the right amount of firmness and I certainly don't feel that it "floats", but I appreciate that ride is a personal thing and I may well feel different if my car owning CV included some of the fabulous vehicles that many on this forum are fortunate enough to enjoy.

Other than that, the new PCM is great; the bigger screen is considerably better and wireless Carplay is superb, however I need to learn how to operate it properly, so have resorted to reading the manual. :shock: I'm also missing the deeper "burble" from the exhaust, although people who have heard the car pulling away say that it sounds better than my earlier car. Either way it still puts a smile on my face when I start it up. :D
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Beautiful car, enjoy!
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

I’m glad you said you still liked the colour, I should of had mine around 2 weeks ago now.

You might of seen my OPC had got a silver one in which I went and had a look at pre-lockdown and I felt I’d made the right choice seeing it inside the garage.

I’m going to give them an email next week and ask for an update if I haven’t heard anything.
VanB

Post by VanB »

Lovely looking car and the black side blades work really well with the silver. Enjoy!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Partysausage wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:53 pm I’m glad you said you still liked the colour, I should of had mine around 2 weeks ago now.

You might of seen my OPC had got a silver one in which I went and had a look at pre-lockdown and I felt I’d made the right choice seeing it inside the garage.

I’m going to give them an email next week and ask for an update if I haven’t heard anything.

Dealerships should open on 1st June, Partysausage. Fingers crossed it won't be too long before your car turns up.
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Thanks for all the positive comments, guys. Just need somewhere to go to enjoy it, now...