Dolomite Silver GTS Has Arrived!

All your ordering information here!
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

JohnP wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:08 am the earlier car seemed to respond quicker to a prod of the accelerator at lower revs
I've noticed the same. Well - thought I must be imagining it, as the refreshed car is supposed to respond quicker than the previous one.

Car sounds good on startup. The "choke" on the previous GTS stayed on for longer, however the new one settles down very quick to normal idle speed. I suppose that annoys the neighbours less!

Seems easier to go unwittingly go faster in the newer car. I've found myself having to brake more often to bring the speed into check. Not worked it out check, but I I suspect the newer car is smoother and quieter. Or it could just be my imagination again.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS

Blobby

Post by Blobby »

Looks fantastic, silver is a great choice with the 21” classics.
jone66

Post by jone66 »

The DS really suits the car, and may save me from colour exhaustion. I've put down a deposit and opted Carmine Red, but having seen 2 in an OPC last week I'm not so keen. Very flat looking in daylight. The Vol Grey and MN Blue are also very nice colours but think maybe the black accents of GTS may be lost. I think I'm going to end up with the summer refresh change on the center console, so will be interesting to see what that looks like. I've always loved the buttons, but I think all Porsche will end up with the haptic console sooner or later.
1972 - MKIII Cortina 2L GT
Orion Ghia 1.6 Inj
Then got Married (Twice)
Nissan Micra
Peugeot 307 & 207
Kia Sorrento - Honda HRV
And single again so time for....
Macan GTS - Ordering after lockdown (1st new car Ever) :D
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

jone66 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:59 am The DS really suits the car, and may save me from colour exhaustion. I've put down a deposit and opted Carmine Red, but having seen 2 in an OPC last week I'm not so keen. Very flat looking in daylight.
Love the dolomite silver; the main reason I didn't get it this time round was to get a change from my rhodium silver GTS. Have to say I really like the carmine on the GTS. I've rarely seen any in that colour (GTS and other models). It suits the GTS rather well, which is probably why it's its halo colour!
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

I've always liked the Carmine Red - particularly in sunlight and under showroom lighting - but felt it looked a little "flat" in dull light (and let's face it, more often than not, that's the "norm" in this country). The darker colours like Black and Volcano look fabulous when they're clean, but living out in the sticks a car is only clean for half a mile before it resembles the local farmer's John Deere :o, so in the end I keep coming back to silver.

But one thing's for certain, whatever colour you choose you'll have a fabulous car in the GTS.
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)
jone66

Post by jone66 »

Thanks for your responses Paul and John, I do think we can "Overthink" all the choices we have to make, but no matter what, In really looking forward to my Porsche ownership.
1972 - MKIII Cortina 2L GT
Orion Ghia 1.6 Inj
Then got Married (Twice)
Nissan Micra
Peugeot 307 & 207
Kia Sorrento - Honda HRV
And single again so time for....
Macan GTS - Ordering after lockdown (1st new car Ever) :D