Dolomite Silver GTS Has Arrived!

All your ordering information here!
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

My Dolomite Silver GTS has arrived! :D

Collection was pretty much to the day my OPC said it would be, and after 4 weeks without a Macan, I'm thrilled to have the keys to one again. Once again, Porsche Tewkesbury have been brilliant (my thanks to Rory for his patience and perseverance) with nothing being too much trouble - even to the point of offering to change the Crayon seat belts to Black ones (although in the end the Crayon looked better than expected so I left them in).

I've only driven the car 20 miles home, but my first impressions are that, in performance terms, there's not a great deal of difference to my Gen1 GTS. I'm hoping that will change as the mileage increases and things loosen up.

Ride and handling are the same, which I guess is to be expected having specced the same air suspension and 21" classic wheels as before. This car is on Continentals, whereas my old one was on Michelin. I fancy the Contis are a little quieter, but we'll see how they grip and wear - the Michelins used to last me 15,000 miles.

The exhaust isn't as sonorous as on my previous car, but there's a real difference between having the sport exhaust switched on or off - probably more so than on the Gen1. I also know from experience that mileage appears to improve the exhaust note no end!

I absolutely LOVE the Sport Response button on the steering wheel. Switching to Sport or Sports Plus in my previous car was a real pain and I often found myself glancing down at the centre console at exactly the time I needed to concentrate on the road ahead.

There is NO cordless charging :( , despite the GTS road test videos showing that there was.

The weather forecast is cold and dry for this weekend - perfect for a cross-country blast - so I'll get out there and see how it goes. I'll maybe add some more thoughts after that, but in the meantime, here are some photos:

IMG_0158.jpeg

IMG_0163.jpeg

IMG_0159.jpeg

IMG_0160.jpeg

[attachm

IMG_0162.jpeg

IMG_0161.jpeg

Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)

putt4par

Post by putt4par »

Stunning car, The silver really pops under the lights, nice choice.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great to finally get some good news :D :D :D

Lovely looking machine.

Hope nice weather continues over the weekend for you. :D :D :D
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

putt4par wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:01 pm Stunning car, The silver really pops under the lights, nice choice.
Thanks. Yes, the silver looks great when it's clean! :D
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

ScotMac wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:02 pm Great to finally get some good news :D :D :D

Lovely looking machine.

Hope nice weather continues over the weekend for you. :D :D :D

Thanks, ScotMac. I very nearly cancelled at one point, but I'm glad I took my "sensible" head off and went through with the deal. It's certainly given me something to smile about, today. :D
pmg

Post by pmg »

JohnP wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:29 pm
I absolutely LOVE the Sport Response button on the steering wheel. Switching to Sport or Sports Plus in my previous car was a real pain and I often found myself glancing down at the centre console at exactly the time I needed to concentrate on the road ahead.

I think you meant the Sports Crono steering wheel switch| Not wise to be using the Sports Response button in the 1st 20 miles!!! ;) ;) ;)

great looking car. I am looking forward to your further reports
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Excellent choice of exterior features - SC black wheels are lovely and not too many black add ons works really well.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

pmg wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:28 pm
JohnP wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:29 pm

I think you meant the Sports Crono steering wheel switch| Not wise to be using the Sports Response button in the 1st 20 miles!!! ;) ;) ;)

Oops.... :oops:
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

kmacuk wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:35 pm Excellent choice of exterior features - SC black wheels are lovely and not too many black add ons works really well.

Thanks, kmacuk. I originally specced the sports design package, along with black mirrors, black door handles and roof rails. It looked nice, but a bit too fussy for my liking. And although I liked the look of the Turbo-style front end included in the Sport Design Package, the deletion of the black rear spoiler in favour of a body coloured one changed the look of the car completely, so that had to go, too.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Very smart 👍

That sunset pattern on the mats must be a new Porsche valeting standard - saw that somewhere else recently 😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465