Anyone had a Porsche Corona update?

All your ordering information here!
j20eyk

Post by j20eyk »

Paul wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:52 pm Common knowledge that the factory closed 18th March....

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2020/co ... 20266.html

....and re-opened early May....

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2020/co ... 20712.html
Cheers Paul. I was already aware (see my previous post) but just going off what the DP told me and his explanation why it was only 2 weeks behind, not the full 6 weeks of closure.

Based on Tuckers news I'm unfortunately expecting the same :(

tucker101uk

Post by tucker101uk »

I have to admit I’m a little bit gutted, it seems a long delay. I was initially told a few weeks but this update has blown that out of the water.....
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Whilst the factory reopened in May, I don't think it's running at pre-pandemic levels. Last year, they were selling Macans at nearly 2,000 a week so presumably production was around the same rate. My guess is they'll be running at half that rate at best.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Guy

Post by Guy »

I just had an email to say that Silverstone OPC Sales Department is now open - here's their 'Keeping You Safe' video:

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

The Porsche Experience Driving centre has sent me an invitation to book a slot with numerous dates from 7 July to 30 September.

Also
"Please note all spaces are booked on a first come, first served basis, therefore we do encourage you to respond as soon as possible.

In addition, I can confirm that due to the ongoing advisories shared by the government regarding Covid-19 we will be operating on a reduced capacity. This therefore means that we are unable to welcome any spectating guests for the foreseeable future. This will be reviewed on an ongoing basis."
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
j20eyk

Post by j20eyk »

DP has just updated me with a build date of 15th June.

I asked for the screenshot like Tucker received but as it's excluded from the reply I'm assuming they are reluctant to send it me. Rightly or wrongly that makes me suspicious and I have asked for it again.

Has anyone had experience of this information being withheld in the past from certain OPCs?

Cheers
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

I had an update today and my car is 7 weeks delayed. Now 26/6 from 8/5 (at the dealer). Going off the screenshot above which I have also asked for some months ago, and yet to receive, it seems my car should be at Emden.

It looks like I’ve lost a week somewhere as I believe the factory was shut for 6 weeks? Maybe supply problems. Either way I’m not too concerned, it could of been worse and certainly a lot more to worry about at the minute.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

j20eyk wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:59 pm DP has just updated me with a build date of 15th June.

I asked for the screenshot like Tucker received but as it's excluded from the reply I'm assuming they are reluctant to send it me. Rightly or wrongly that makes me suspicious and I have asked for it again.

Has anyone had experience of this information being withheld in the past from certain OPCs?

Cheers
Yes, quite common. OPCs are mostly independent franchises and have different policies on sharing of information. You should at least be told when it is leaving the factory but the transport system is outside their control and is subject to delays.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
j20eyk

Post by j20eyk »

j20eyk wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:59 pm DP has just updated me with a build date of 15th June.

Cheers

Looks like I was right to be suspicious in one way as this means I will not get my car until August...

SMS.png

Then again, at least they sent it. No idea if I am going to wait as I don't currently have a car (it took me long enough to find a car I wanted though) and it has wound me up a little that the DP told me different just yesterday afternoon which makes me think he knew all along how delayed it was. I imagine I lose the deposit even if they are the ones to change the delivery date significantly?
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I don’t think anybody can be blamed for this and it affects everybody.

The time will soon fly
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S