Anyone had a Porsche Corona update?

All your ordering information here!
j20eyk

Post by j20eyk »

Hi all, hope you are all doing okay in the current situation?

I appreciate it may not be at the top of everyone's list with how things are but with a Macan on order and my current vehicle being a borrowed Range Rover it's driving me mad not having my own car. I'm still 'working' and commuting so the lockdown has not affected me too much from a mental health point of view as I am still in a routine of sorts.

Last I heard from the dealer was a build of mid May and that was in the first week of March. I know the dealers are shut but I did expect some comms on the situation from someone or even Porsche UK so I know where I stand on a delivery date. Even if it was just to let me know it's 100% delayed. Just guessing with the factory being shut it will be, but then again I would expect lots of cancellations.

Has anyone with a Macan on order had any update on where it's at?

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Even when the world was normal Porsche were not great at updating you on a delivery date....

Glad to see someone else is working :D :D :D
dvearn

Post by dvearn »

Are the Service Centres open? Is it worth seeing whether they can provide and contact details
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Some background, I was due my GTS into my OPC around the 10th of May (locked end of Feb). So I'm guessing it was about to be built although someone who has a better knowledge of the timelines involved may have a better idea given the date the factory shut. Still no reopening date I believe.

I had an email on the 28th March from my salesman who I went through. The only real highlight other than the standard information about government enforced shut down is below,

‘If there are any changes to the delivery times of your new Macan GTS then please rest assured that these will be communicated to you as soon as I have the information.’

Now it’s obviously gone back, a minimum of 3 weeks as it stands but I’m guessing till things start moving again I won’t hear an update. And after tonight’s announcement I can’t see garages opening up for at least another month.
j20eyk

Post by j20eyk »

ScotMac wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:51 pm Even when the world was normal Porsche were not great at updating you on a delivery date....

Glad to see someone else is working :D :D :D
My first Porsche so not sure on the usual comms so thanks for the insight. Yeah, reduced workload but I'm glad to be honest. It's keeping me sane!
dvearn wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:42 pm Are the Service Centres open? Is it worth seeing whether they can provide and contact details
Worth a shot I suppose. Thanks

Party sausage.....well at least you have had some comms I suppose and I do understand that they won't have a defined date as such to tell me. On the last working days or to possibly work from home I would of expected someone to be in contact really. We all knew lockdown was imminent. The timelines are very similar to mine. A June or July delivery feels like an age away :cry:
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

If you have your sales executive's email address (or mobile number) then you can still make contact as most are still working albeit from home.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
dvearn

Post by dvearn »

SAC1 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:52 pm If you have your sales executive's email address (or mobile number) then you can still make contact as most are still working albeit from home.
I was tried contacting mine about some condensation in the rear light bar and got a "Centre is closed due to covid and I won't have access to email".

Good luck
Paul

Post by Paul »

....mine is in the UK.....at Sheerness.....and will be delivered to the dealership when non-essential activities are resumed.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

dvearn wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:58 pm
SAC1 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:52 pm If you have your sales executive's email address (or mobile number) then you can still make contact as most are still working albeit from home.
I was tried contacting mine about some condensation in the rear light bar and got a "Centre is closed due to covid and I won't have access to email".

Good luck
Mid Sussex have a handful of people responding to emails.

Try the generic centre email as opposed to specific person
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Yes I should of added for reference for everyone that I was told in the email that they are working from home and that they are contactable. Personally I wouldn’t be expecting a quick response but I’m guessing it would vary on the query.