Anyone had a Porsche Corona update?

All your ordering information here!
Paul

Post by Paul »

🤔
Re-opening the debate, I had an e-mail this morning inviting me to activate my Porsche ID account....?
Usually this means the car is on its’ way to the dealership. I will enquire and report back!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Paul wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:33 am 🤔
Re-opening the debate, I had an e-mail this morning inviting me to activate my Porsche ID account....?
Usually this means the car is on its’ way to the dealership. I will enquire and report back!
aren’t parts of the pdi done at one of the ports, can’t remember which side
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I had that email on 16 March and my new car arrived at my OPC on 20 March.

After the PDI, road taxing and number plate fitting - delivery to me was to be on 25 March........ :(
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Paul

Post by Paul »

So, a quick e-mail into the dealership has them as confused as me (pleasantly surprised to get an almost immediate reply from the DP!)

They confirm there are no deliveries into them happening until restrictions are lifted and can only assume Porsche are playing admin catch-up on cars landed in the UK.

As an aside, I confirmed my ID but did not activate any of the time-sensitive elements; SAC1 - worth asking about the 2 yr Nav element which, presumably, is running down as we speak?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Paul wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:51 pm So, a quick e-mail into the dealership has them as confused as me (pleasantly surprised to get an almost immediate reply from the DP!)

They confirm there are no deliveries into them happening until restrictions are lifted and can only assume Porsche are playing admin catch-up on cars landed in the UK.

As an aside, I confirmed my ID but did not activate any of the time-sensitive elements; SAC1 - worth asking about the 2 yr Nav element which, presumably, is running down as we speak?
Thanks Paul, my OPC has not registered my new car. I have not completed the Porsche reg form either. So I assume the clock has not started. I will check with them though.

8aea2ab9-226c-43f4-b084-90d252f12fdc.jpg

Steve

PaulR

Post by PaulR »

I got same email a couple of weeks ago. I understand my car has been stuck somewhere in the UK over last few weeks.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
j20eyk

Post by j20eyk »

Just an update on this for my order.

Managed to get hold of the main man at the dealer via Porsche UK. He said the rest of the staff have been furloughed apart from him and the Service Manager. I assume this is based on the parent company of each dealer so some may be different.

Car has been pushed back 2 weeks at this point (I feel that will slip significantly going forward). They are looking to open the factory back up next week all being well. A number of cars have been cancelled by Porsche to prioritise paying customers supposedly, so that's why it is only 2 weeks at the moment.
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

j20eyk wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:47 pm Just an update on this for my order.

Managed to get hold of the main man at the dealer via Porsche UK. He said the rest of the staff have been furloughed apart from him and the Service Manager. I assume this is based on the parent company of each dealer so some may be different.

Car has been pushed back 2 weeks at this point (I feel that will slip significantly going forward). They are looking to open the factory back up next week all being well. A number of cars have been cancelled by Porsche to prioritise paying customers supposedly, so that's why it is only 2 weeks at the moment.
Do you mind disclosing who owns your OPC? Just if I have any questions going forward it may be worth going straight to the dealer principle.

It’ll be interesting to see if any news about the re-opening goes on Porsche’s newsroom. I normally hit refresh once a day and they are still active which is to be expected but no factory updates as of yet.
j20eyk

Post by j20eyk »

Do you mind disclosing who owns your OPC? Just if I have any questions going forward it may be worth going straight to the dealer principle.

It’ll be interesting to see if any news about the re-opening goes on Porsche’s newsroom. I normally hit refresh once a day and they are still active which is to be expected but no factory updates as of yet.
[/quote]

Yeah no worries...... Jardine motors
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I had a call from the Porsche Dealer Principal today saying that all their staff have been furloughed except one mechanic, one security guard [and him]. Part of the Dick lovett Group. First time I've spoken with him and he was very helpful and constructive.
Steve