2021 Model year now on configurator

All your ordering information here!
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

FSB wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:02 pm The only difference being is that front seat heating is now standard......at last!!
It's still optional. The difference is that you cannot now specify front seat heating on its own. It's front and rear seat heating - for the same price as front used to be. Which is a bit annoying as would have quite fancied rear seat heating for 'free'!
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS

FSB

Post by FSB »

Have just had another look at the configurator. On the GTS, front seat heating is standard. If you look at the standard equipment list this is stated under 'Interior' Having said that, the front seat heating buttons do not appear unless you spec front/rear seat heating?
Oddly, it is not standard on the Macan Turbo which I thought it would have been? Not standard on the Macan S or Macan.

On-Track was rueing the fact that Traffic Jam assist was now not available on the GTS however, it is available on all the other Macan models, weird!!
Suspect it could be figure trouble on the part of Porsche.
Nige

2016: Boxster 981 GTS in GT Silver
2020: Macan GTS in Crayon
On order: GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PR9P7VG9
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

FSB, I think you're right and it could be set up problems with the configurator. I hope they sort it before I have to lock down my spec.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

The confuserator inoccasionally shows duff things. When the GTS was first refreshed, it incorrectly showed the 'turbo' front end when the high gloss package was selected. It also showed two dials in white/red (instead of one in silver/red) when the GTS interior package was selected. So don't trust it 100%.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

FSB wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:06 pm Have just had another look at the configurator. On the GTS, front seat heating is standard. If you look at the standard equipment list this is stated under 'Interior' Having said that, the front seat heating buttons do not appear unless you spec front/rear seat heating?
Oddly, it is not standard on the Macan Turbo which I thought it would have been? Not standard on the Macan S or Macan.

On-Track was rueing the fact that Traffic Jam assist was now not available on the GTS however, it is available on all the other Macan models, weird!!
Suspect it could be figure trouble on the part of Porsche.
It would seem that when I submitted my 2021MY spec on 1 June it was accepted by Porsche and immediately locked down (build scheduled for 3 July). My OPC sent me a revised New Vehicle Order which showed the price for front and rear heated seats as the same as 2020 i.e. £590. I queried this and it seems they are waiting for Porsche to confirm the lower price. Interesting times ;)
Peter

cc3

Post by cc3 »

Spoke to my dealer to get an update on progress of my build. He says data not reliable since shutdown so they are in the dark on where cars are. Also seems all allocations for Q3 and 4 are currently held centrally by Porsche so they can only give a rough idea on likely delivery for new orders. I guess Porsche is carefully controlling production against orders to maintain prices. They are usually good at that
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I had an email from my OPC this morning. My GTS was built 3-8 July and despite the change in the configurator to 2021MY and my updating my spec to reflect that, the car has been built as a 2020 MY car :evil:

Porsche have advised that 2021MY GTS builds start in September. This might explain why there has been no updates in versions of Macan, S and Turbo.
Peter

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

On-Track wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:55 am I had an email from my OPC this morning. My GTS was built 3-8 July and despite the change in the configurator to 2021MY and my updating my spec to reflect that, the car has been built as a 2020 MY car :evil:

Porsche have advised that 2021MY GTS builds start in September. This might explain why there has been no updates in versions of Macan, S and Turbo.

Great news Peter and not long to wait now then. Carmine red will really pop in the summer sunshine. 8-)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
cc3

Post by cc3 »

On-Track wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:55 am I had an email from my OPC this morning. My GTS was built 3-8 July and despite the change in the configurator to 2021MY and my updating my spec to reflect that, the car has been built as a 2020 MY car :evil:

My GTS finished build on 10/7 and dealer says now at Emden. There is a boat to Sheerness currently loading
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

cc3 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:42 pm
My GTS finished build on 10/7 and dealer says now at Emden. There is a boat to Sheerness currently loading
Looks as if both cars could be on the same boat. Mind you, I live in South Staffordshire so it all depends on whether that is regarded as sufficiently far North for the car to be sent to Grimsby or close enough to the South for the car to be sent to Sheerness. :D
Peter